Multiple Public IP addresses in Bridge mode?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Multiple Public IP addresses in Bridge mode?

This may be a dumb question but I cannot find any info on the subject and only just tried this today. I have the CGN2 in bridge mode with port 1 connected to my own custom router/firewall. This has and still is functioning good as normal.

I was doing some testing today and plugged my laptop into one of the other ports on the CGN2 and the laptop got a new public IP different from my firewall. I do remember years ago where rogers would charge for extra IP's (before NAT routers were popular) but I was under the assumption that you could only get 1 IP but it appears I can get 2 and possibly more. 

Has anyone else tried this? Does rogers still charge for extra IP's? 

Not really an issue...just curious more than anything.

Thanks,

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Multiple Public IP addresses in Bridge mode?

A couple of others have said this as well.

The good question then is.. IF you do get charged, etc for them.
May be, they dont specficially have to be assigned/allowed.. but if they are found to be running for a period of time, etc.. they will charge you?

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Multiple Public IP addresses in Bridge mode?

Exactly what I was wondering. I could have use for the extra IP's between testing/configuring routers to PS3 gaming with out NAT etc lol.