Multi-view on my Rogers Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulgood
I Plan to Stick Around

Multi-view on my Rogers Galaxy Note 2

I just purchased a galaxy note 2 from Rogers.  It is running Android 4.1.1.  The software is updated.   Does this phone have multi-view on it?  How does one run it 🙂

Thanks

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Multi-view on my Rogers Galaxy Note 2

Hello Paulgood

Samsung released the Note 2 with OUT the mutli-view on it. They said they will release another update with multi-view in it. This may take some time as when Samsung releases the update, Rogers will take the update & add their bloatware / own things into it & then test it & see if it works fine on the network. This may take weeks / months. Depending on the time frame they get.

So all in all, the next update you get, will have multi-view on it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
dave_w_h
I Plan to Stick Around

No it currently is not of available. However I understand that it will be available in an update very soon. Not sure as to an exact date.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Paulgood

Samsung released the Note 2 with OUT the mutli-view on it. They said they will release another update with multi-view in it. This may take some time as when Samsung releases the update, Rogers will take the update & add their bloatware / own things into it & then test it & see if it works fine on the network. This may take weeks / months. Depending on the time frame they get.

So all in all, the next update you get, will have multi-view on it.

View solution in original post

JCBOY
I've Been Around

Thanks for sheding light on this topic guys! I was starting to feel a bit dissappointted about not having the split window function, thinking I had a defective device... as for removing Bloat ware as you so eloquently put it.... can that be done?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JCBOY

You are welcome. Your phone is not defected lol. Its something Samsung will add with a later update.

The bloatware can ONLY been removed or freeze it by rooting the phone. Rogers add their boot screen ( if it has it), their Rogers apps & a few more Rogers things that are in the system it self.
Romius
I've Been Here Awhile

If u go in settings-applications manager u can disable certain apps if u havent or wish not to root ur phone. Not a permanent delete but does free up ROM.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It does help but when you restart the phone, they will start working again. Not a good solution but its good if you do NOT restart your phone. Also remember, sometimes if you do that, it can affect the phone. Just a warning.
yoeun905
I Plan to Stick Around

Any news as to when the update will happen???
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello yoeun905

Samsung / Rogers has not yet released any update on when the next update with this will be released. We need to wait until one of them says something.
yoeun905
I Plan to Stick Around

I got really sick and tired of waiti g for the update so I did my own update and now i have multi view

i suggest  to root

I suggest cleanrom 3.5 for the rom

Everything is smooth as butter

**edited for content**