Multi Mailbox Inquiry + Other HomePhone Features

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Multi Mailbox Inquiry + Other HomePhone Features

I was searching for answers about Multi-Mailbox. (and other features)

I found @Gdkitty post in the archive

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/ArchivedPosts/thread-id/5

My question is to @Gdkitty - How is it working out?

I never have used my voicemail at home... let alone Multi-mailbox.

But I thought "Hey, I might as well fiddle with this Multi Mailbox thingy" - Do I NEED it? No. Do I want to annoy my brother with his own mailbox and get alerts on his email? Absolutely Yes. 🙂

How does it work?

Tell me both sides (How does the caller hear it? How do I listen to it?) - 0 is default and 1-4 is set for each person...

What happens when I don't set up the 3rd or 4th one and the caller press 3 or 4? or 7 or anything else? does it save to default mailbox?

Thought I start this convo up, as I personally like using everything I have at least once and also so I can learn more about the things I have access to - because it's fun.

Thanks in advance, not only @Gdkitty but anyone else in the community who wants to chime in or tell me more things I can do with the homephone?

What features are your favourite? What does the community use or don't use in their HomePhone?

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Multi Mailbox Inquiry + Other HomePhone Features

Ok.. Let me fill in on my experience on it.

My first view that it DID exist.. was yes from the home & away voicemail.. that is showed the multi login there..
That doesnt mean everyone HAS it enabled.

Enabling.. well that was a whole ordeal in itself 😛  Had to talk to like 4 people to get it active.  2 said it didnt exist.. the 3rd knew of it but not how to set up.. finally the 4th was able to set it up.

What ends up happening, is you enable it, with X many mailboxes.  Lets say 3 for our example.

Your PRIMARY mailbox will be 0, the next 1, and the last 2.
That i recall, there is not realy any auto prompts, etc.. no SEPERATE voice prompts for each.  So you would want to make your recording like "Please press 1 now for Bob, 2 now for Sue, or 0 for the family mailbox".

The user presses the number then want after the message, and it goes into the corisponding mailbox.
One thing to note, if they do NOT press anything, it goes into the 0 mailbox.

Same thing when checking your voicemail.. *98... then it asks wich mailbox, press the #, then enter the passcode for it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@ShakTiburon

I remember having a Multi-Mailbox.  Smiley Wink

Multi-Mailbox lets you create up to 5 separate mailboxes, that can be reached by calling the main Rogers Home Phone number.

Each Mailbox will have an individual greeting, private password and separate message storage.

Are you looking to get a Multi-Mailbox @ShakTiburon?

Cheers,

RogersAliciaG

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hi @RogersAliciaG

Thanks for the response!

I already have Home and Away Voicemail.
Which means it already comes with it, no? (That's what the support section of Rogers.com states).

So trying to figure out how to actually set it up?
Can I do it online? Do I actually have to use the phone to do this?
o__o"
I tagged @Gdkitty since his archive post he actually did end up doing so...

No rush in doing this, since I have had my HomePhone for about 20+ years and till this day we check our voicemail once in a while, (Our cordless panasonic makes it difficult to pick up voice mail indicator. its EVIL!)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok.. Let me fill in on my experience on it.

My first view that it DID exist.. was yes from the home & away voicemail.. that is showed the multi login there..
That doesnt mean everyone HAS it enabled.

Enabling.. well that was a whole ordeal in itself 😛  Had to talk to like 4 people to get it active.  2 said it didnt exist.. the 3rd knew of it but not how to set up.. finally the 4th was able to set it up.

What ends up happening, is you enable it, with X many mailboxes.  Lets say 3 for our example.

Your PRIMARY mailbox will be 0, the next 1, and the last 2.
That i recall, there is not realy any auto prompts, etc.. no SEPERATE voice prompts for each.  So you would want to make your recording like "Please press 1 now for Bob, 2 now for Sue, or 0 for the family mailbox".

The user presses the number then want after the message, and it goes into the corisponding mailbox.
One thing to note, if they do NOT press anything, it goes into the 0 mailbox.

Same thing when checking your voicemail.. *98... then it asks wich mailbox, press the #, then enter the passcode for it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

So up to this part I understand...
My question now goes back to... "Setting it up"
How do I know if I have it enabled/set up currently?

O_o

@RogersAliciaG and @Gdkitty - is it only visible to Rogers Agent looking at your account? or is it visibile online as well?

Also a cool feature called "Auto Connect" - O_O I want that - Great for Emergencys.

I guess I am gonna do some more research.

@Gdkitty how long can the message reccord time be for "Please press 1 now for Bob, 2 now for Sue, or 0 for the family mailbox"?

Thanks for the assist folks. Really need it.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A rogers rep has to set it up.  You cant do it yourself (that i am aware)

If you call into your voicemail to check after its done, it will ask you which mailbox.. that way you know its enabled.

As for the message length.. i would assume its the same as standard?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Ah lovely, thanks for the heads up.
I guess I have to call in...

Wished the recording was longer so I can leave percise details on how to leave voicemail on each inbox. (Family has complicated names, its fun).