cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Abroad

Shylaneil
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi!
I am moving to Ireland October 2nd. Was hoping to have my phone unlocked, so I can set up with a local carrier in Dublin. Issue is I still have 2 years with this contract. I have been with Rogers for about 9 years for wireless.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moving Abroad

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Shylaneil

If you had the phone for over 90 days on your account since getting it, you can go to any Rogers store and have Rogers unlock it for you for the amount of $50. That is the cost of the unlocking done from Rogers. Here is more info

What are the restrictions?

When you purchase a wireless device on a new or existing Rogers account at full price, you are eligible to unlock it immediately.

For those customers who are under a term commitment, we have made some changes to our device unlocking policy to give you more flexibility in the way you use your wireless device. In March 2013, we’ll be changing our policy so that you no longer have to wait until you complete your full term commitment – you can unlock 90 days after activating your device on the Rogers network. We’re also making it even easier for you to have your phone unlocked by bringing it to any of our Rogers retail stores.

How much will it cost?

You can unlock your device for $50 plus applicable taxes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Shylaneil

If you had the phone for over 90 days on your account since getting it, you can go to any Rogers store and have Rogers unlock it for you for the amount of $50. That is the cost of the unlocking done from Rogers. Here is more info

What are the restrictions?

When you purchase a wireless device on a new or existing Rogers account at full price, you are eligible to unlock it immediately.

For those customers who are under a term commitment, we have made some changes to our device unlocking policy to give you more flexibility in the way you use your wireless device. In March 2013, we’ll be changing our policy so that you no longer have to wait until you complete your full term commitment – you can unlock 90 days after activating your device on the Rogers network. We’re also making it even easier for you to have your phone unlocked by bringing it to any of our Rogers retail stores.

How much will it cost?

You can unlock your device for $50 plus applicable taxes.

Shylaneil
I've Been Here Awhile
Thank-you!
I will also need to cancel with Rogers until I move back. What are the fees or is there a different approach?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Shylaneil

You can not cancel your account until you come back. You will have to suspend the account from being used. You will still have to pay the monthly service fees you are paying now. There is no other way.

So you will need to contact Rogers or go to the store & tell them to suspend the account until the day you come back. the suspend the line until then so no usage can happen. You are still responsible to pay the monthly fees each month until you come back.

If you wish to cancel your account all together, you need to contact Rogers about this. You may have to may the Flextab owing balance left on your device. You pay have to pay a cancellation fee if you did not get the phone before Jan 2012.

You need to pay a $12.50 disconnection fee if you cancel your services with Rogers.

Contact Rogers for more information!.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation