Moved to new server can't ftp

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beachgrrrl
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Moved to new server can't ftp

Thanks very much for all your help with this. I have no idea how to log in to the router - I guess I could call technical support to find out?? Anyways, I just heard back from my friend also on Rogers and he also cannot FTP to this server so looks like the problem is not with my router - could it be the NAT router or firewall on the Rogers side? How would I get them to go about looking in to it?
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most you could do.. is call in, and try and get it escalated..

To get into the router.. you would need to log into its IP.. usually 192.168.0.1 through a web browser.
user name is cusadmin

password, is usually password by default, unless it waas changed.

beachgrrrl
I Plan to Stick Around

So far I have talked to 5 people who have not been able to help. The last guy, his technical support people told him to tell me that "sometimes our modems work this way and you will just have to get your own modem". Really?? At my insistence I am now on hold for the tech experts who will apparently charge me to fix the problem.

beachgrrrl
I Plan to Stick Around

In case anyone else experiences this odd problem and is searching here for a solution - I managed to get around this problem by enabling shell access on the accounts and using SFTP instead of FTP. Still have no idea why FTP doesn't work, but SFTP, like all other service, works fine. Thanks again to gdkitty for all your help.

View solution in original post

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Glad to hear you got it working 🙂

Guess in the end, thats the more secure way to connect anyways 🙂 (never mentioned it, as not knowing if the other end COULD be configured for it.. nor MOST of the time do you need to do it).

If you come back, make sure to mark your post there, as the solution, for someone comming around later.