Motorola dcx3400 whole home pvr volume control

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Motorola dcx3400 whole home pvr volume control

Just got the whole home pvr and are having trouble with the volume control:

1) When we press play after fast forwarding, the sound goes to mute. No sound is heard unless you press volume up even though there was sound prior to fast forwarding, and

2) although the volume display bar at the bottom of the screen moves left to right when trying to increase the volume, the actual sound does not get louder. The TV volume control works properly but the 'cable' one does not.

***Edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Motorola dcx3400 whole home pvr volume control

I have the same issue. The on-line manual suggests setting the cable box volume at 3/4 on scale and using the device volume control, in this case the TV. It is a nuisance as you have to press TV on the Shaw remote to control volume or the TV remote. I had the Pace expander until it failed and it integrated the volume control.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Motorola dcx3400 whole home pvr volume control

I also tried the "lock" on the control. Hold setup down,see 2 flashes, release, put in 993 and push device key. OK for TV but not cable!