Motorola SB6120 via Retail Fulfillment?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Motorola SB6120 via Retail Fulfillment?

Can any rogers rep help with this? There are obviously countless customers who would like to upgrade to DOCSIS 3 and higher speed plan but cannot simply because the SMC router is utter garbage -- some of us are professionals and we cannot use unreliable routers like the DOCSIS 3 SMC. Add the Motorola SB6120 or at least let us add the ones we own officially... doing a bit of searching online, some users are getting theirs added so why isn't there a formal process for this?

I've Been Here Awhile

base on my experience, SMC equals garbage.
And CS of rogers not helping at all. I never got any
good answers from technician, any time ends up like "your computer got problem, you need to fix your pc before you call again."
I Plan to Stick Around

I had asked about this in my dealings with some higher-ups from within Rogers and was told absolutely not.  The only modem/router that would be used on their network is the hunk o' junk SMC.

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

At this time the Motorola SB6120 cannot be added to our Rogers network as we don't have this modem in our Database to Add.  This modem will not be added if you do attempt to contact us.

The only Docsis 3 modem we offer and can use on our network is the one made by SMC.  Model SMCD3GN

I'm a Senior Advisor

OK RogersHemal, we need to make some sense here. You have told us that DOCSIS2 modems can be added even if they are not in the Rogers' database, since they have been authorized by Rogers. Yet when people call to have them added, they are told by CSRs that they cannot be added. 

Now we have the SB6120 DOCSIS3 modem which cannot be added because it is not in the database. Is this the real reason Hemal, or is it because Rogers will simply not authorize any DOCSIS3 modem other than the SMC? 

Now, since Rogers customers know that the SMC is a piece of junk, I have to assume that Rogers also knows that the SMC is a piece of junk! So will you tell us once and for all why Rogers will not authorize any DOCSIS3 modem other than SMC?

I Plan to Stick Around

It can most definitely be added, as people are using the SB6120 on rogers as we speak. Its a matter of adding it as an SMC device currently though, which is a shame -- why does Rogers never listen to its customers? Can you not escalate this and get someone with the proper authority to look at this and see what can be done???

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is **bleep**, I know a bunch of people that has gone to tecksavy just because of this... I could understand it if Rogers had a good modem but SMC is like the cheapest and crapiest POS, I currently have Extreme with a motorola DOCSIS2 and the only reason I don't upgrade to Extreme plus is I don't want that SMC modem anywhere near my house... I don't download much (less than 50GB a month) but the little I download I do need fast, so they are loosing my extra money and soon when my contract expires they'll loose all of it unless someone finally comes to their sences and fixes this problem...

I Plan to Stick Around

I have lost all confidence in Rogers. My Teksavvy transfer date (which I expect Rogers to interfere with) is May 9. I'm slowly pulling all my other services away from Rogers too. Just because you CAN make things harder for your customers, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers is planning to introduce another modem. My understanding is that it will be the Cisco DPC3825. This is another gateway, similar to the SMC. Though I could not find a lot online about this product there was one rating which gave it 15/100. This does not auger well if it is to replace the SMC. Once again, Rogers has stated that they have no plans to introduce a stand-alone DOCSIS3 modem. Not only that, but if you are a new customer and sign up for Express Internet, you are now required to use one of the junk gateway DOCSIS3 modem/router combos! Makes me wonder how concerned Rogers is about customer satisfaction!

I Plan to Stick Around

Last time I checked, Rogers was sitting around E- for customer service. I believe their failures come from the top, with the horrible business decisions they make. It's the CSRs on the phone who end up defending those decisions and taking the brunt of our frustrations. It's sad.