Motorola Docsis3 stand alone modems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Motorola Docsis3 stand alone modems

A lot of Rogers customers are wondering why Motorola D3 modems are not able to be used on the Rogers system, is it so that we have to get our modems from Rogers only or another reason. According to forums, Teksavvy (who uses Rogers internet infrastructure) clients are able to use the Motorola SB6121 D3 modem, but, us Rogers clients can't. Why?

***edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Motorola Docsis3 stand alone modems

This topic has been well covered in this forum many times before.   It always falls on deaf ears.   Many of us would rather have a dedicated modem since we end up using our own routers anyway and don't enjoy wasting money on one of Rogers poor devices for rental.

Rogers has decided that they will only support combined modem/gateway/router/wireless devices.    They've had several models in the last few years most of which are lousy at wireless but tolerable as routers.    Only the latest deive they announced from HITRON is usable for wireless but it's reidiculously epxensive and you can do much better still by buying your own quality router for less.

Many of us are using the Rogers devices in bridge mode and attaching our own routers to it or in my case I'm using the Rogers SMC router for everything except wireless which is turned off.  I then use my own router configured as a wireless access point only since that works so much better.

Good luck.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation