Motorola DCX-700M resets at midnight

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Motorola DCX-700M resets at midnight

Hello,

For the last 3 nights my Motorola DCX-700M has been resetting itself at midnight.  It used to happen occasionally, but seems to be more frequent.  It happens when I am watching a show recorded on my PVR.  This is extremely annoying, I have to wait for the box to reset and then wait for a couple minutes to allow it to reconnect to my PVR.  When it does all come back on like normal, it does not remember where I left off watching a recorded show, it starts from the beginning.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set it so it resets later when I am sleeping?  I called Rogers and they told me this was normal, but I am not sure I buy it.  It would make more sense for them to reset the box later at night.

Has this happened to anyone else?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Motorola DCX-700M resets at midnight

Where are you located? which province?

I know the cisco ones in ontario, reset at around 2am.

I Plan to Stick Around

It might vary my region, mine resets anywhere from 2am to 5am every night, always on the hour but not always at the same time.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am in New-Brunswick, it is rather annoying for it to happen at midnight, 3 or 5 AM would make more sense to me.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi.

I had the 3rd technician come to my house to fix the issue.  I now have 1 PVR (Motorola DCX-3400M) and 2 High Def boxes (Motorola DCX-700M).  I removed my standard definition box to rule out that that was not the cause of the problem.

Since then all 3 boxes randomly reset (always exactly at midnight)

Rogers denies that the problem is related to a poor signal, but I have a hard time believing that.  It does not seem to be a common problem with these boxes (There is nothing on-line about this problem)

I am getting frustrated, but don't seem to have any other option but to deal with it since Bell Fiber OP TV here has some other major problems.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The nightly resets.. are not a 'problem' per say.  EVERYONES boxes do it. (Timing, does seems to varry.. 12-3 seems to be the normal range for people.
But the newer boxes all do this reset/update around that time.

It unfortunately effects people who do TV watching at this time 😞

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello micheljleger

The reboots are happening because Rogers updates the Guide & a few other things in the firmware. The box is not the problem nor does Rogers have a problem.

The issue is that they do this every single night & they do not understand people watch TV's during that time & everything sometimes gets lose ( Recordings). If you are recording a program during that time, forget it. It will be lost as well.

Rogers claims its the best time to do the updates & such. I say they just let us the users do the updates our selfs.
I Plan to Stick Around

For those of you that are curious the problem has been solved after too many visits by technicians that I lost count.

I called retentions to get the $99/month for 3 year package deal.  As part of this I got a PVR rental and a Digital box rental included for the 3 years and then the option to buy it for 1$ after the 3 years.  Since it was included I picked it up and decided to try the new PVR. 

The technician came to install the new PVR and got very confused while trying to get everything activated for whole home, he told me I should return any of the cable boxes that I dont use because its confusing, I replied that I was not confused and wrote down for him exactly where the cable boxes were to be installed along with the serial numbers that he needed to install next to each. 

I dont feel like I should return the cable boxes that I own to Rogers (I now have a spare PVR as well as a spare HD box that I plan to use for my daughters room in a few years when she no longer wants to TV with mom and dad) to make the technicians life easier, so they cleared all the boxes from my account and then started from scratch with activating the boxes that I had on my list.

Anyway to make a long story short (This is the end of my venting about the Rogers technician) everything has been working without a hitch for the last 6 months, no more rebooting the boxes, no more connection problems.

If anyone else out there is having issues with the whole home PVR solution, get Rogers to check how they are activated, this was the issue with mine.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation