Most HORRIBLE customer service EVER

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Most HORRIBLE customer service EVER

i agree, lets not pick on Gdkitty, he said he's not an employee, he is contributing on his own time, and giving his own opinion hoping that it is a viable solution for you, you don't need to accuse him of getting some kind of kick back, he is probably volunteering his own personal time on here to help you guy out, guess what? I do the same thing, I volunteer my own personal time on here too to answer your questions, I don't get paid to help people it comes from the goodness of my own heart

now onto my answer. Yes I don't agree that someone should wait 15 mins to pay their bill at a rogers kiosk or store, I also disagree with the level of service ive had at rogers stores lately, I too was told I had to wait 25 mins to exchange my faulty STB when all I needed was a power supply. I believe the lineups at the rogers store are one of their strategies to improve their service but most of us feel It doesn't help, and what I suggest you do is inquire to the store personnel who is their district manager, and write a complaint letter to the district manager and express your frustration. The only way changes can be implemented is if they come from US the customers, such as me and you, and their directed to the RIGHT people. complaining to the store staff usually doesn't get you anywhere, after all, they have little to no authority, they are simply told to do their job, its usually their manager or district manager that has the power or authority to make changes such as suggesting to hire more people if its busy, or making a separate line up for bill payments or pay as u go voucher purchases, etc. I actually wrote a complaint letter once to a district manager and I got a call back and spoke to them personally, they understood my complaint and took it to consideration.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sucks that they took those payment booth out.. saved people having to wait in line.

Problem is VOLUME i think.  At the smaller locations, you often only have 1-2 people there.. you get more than 2 customers there, you start getting a lineup and having to wait for ANYTHING.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Here in Scarborough some Rogers stores ( corporate) still have them. I know some down in Toronto still do as well.

I guess it's location based. But some stores still have the payment booths in their stores. I do agree smaller stores only have 2-3 reps that either are busy or on break. When it's busy and there is only 2-3 reps, the lines are huge and customers get upset
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats the big issue ALOT of retail has now a days.

It costs $$ to pay people to work.

IF 2/3 of the time, lets say its NOT busy enough to need that many.. the company wastes money to pay them to stand around.

(which potentially in the LONG run, could cause price incrases, etc)

But on the flip side, WHEN it gets busy.. forces people to wait.

This is where MAXIMIZING on self service options pays off the most.
Let the customer cash out themselves.  Pay themselves (in store, or online, other venues).
Lets the customer do it themselves 🙂

BSJxKingslayer
I Plan to Stick Around

You're right.. everyone should immediately stop  everything they are doing to help you, because you don't choose to pay online or set up automatic payments like the MAJORITY of people. Because you're so important they should have a dedicated line and service JUST FOR YOU, to recognize you as the king customer of Rogers.  Get a clue and don't be so impatient, sometimes you have to wait for things, no need to sound like a whiney child having a temper tantrum

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

theirs lineups at the grocery store, gas station, at the bank, at the mall, every where. its just part of retail culture.

Micolas
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have to agree with Gdkitty here. The vast majority of responses on the community are from the community. Even those of us who come here and are tagged as a Rogers Employee, come here not as a job requirement or for any incentives other than for the opportunity to offer answers to those who may need them.

We are not rewarded for being here, nor are we expected or required to be here, we choose to. We offer our opinions, and to accuse someone of a secret agenda or affiliations simply because they post an opinion that contradicts you or is in conflict with your opinion, seems childish.

I can understand the frustration. I've been in that kind of situation on more than one occasion, maybe dealt with it in a different fasion.

I've also found out that some people, regardless as to who they are with or what they are doing, bring issues with them.

Keep in mind that this is just a personal opinion though, nothing more.

Glenn62
I Plan to Stick Around

Sad part is when you contact customer service and the individual doesn't understand English. I tried calling today in regards to my promotional period ending next month and wondered if it could continue, or a reduced rate that I would be happy with. It took quite a bit for the person to understand what I was saying, although she was trying. With everything else going up, every little bit hurts the pocketbook. I could understand if I had the full tv package and double internet speed package. I'd hate to see the bill with that setup.

robins8
I've Been Around

Nearly every single time that I have had to contact Rogers customer service to discuss a billing issue or an account issue or a service issue, I have been met with a very rude and inconsiderate rep.  I have been blatantly hung up on, disconnected in the live chat, and have had snarky comments made to me.  

I have been with Rogers since 2006, always paying my bills on time, and I am always polite with their reps.  I do not understand how Rogers thinks this type of treatment is ok with long standing customers and continually gets away with it.  Not only have I never once received a discount or an offer for any type of freebie, your reps try to, and have, in very sneaky ways, increased my prices.  I have made complaints and sent emails and made phone calls to the right people, still nothing has come of it. 

All I can say is that I cannot wait until my contract is up next winter and I can move on from this wretched company.

Glenn62
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed, I'm looking into other options right now. I just received my latest billing and it seems the rep decided to cancel my promo on Aug 25 instead of Sept 14. Then there is another line referencing Oct 1. I have no idea what she's done with my account, but come Monday, I'm making the changes. I've had enough of this run around, censored posts claiming I'm posting private information when I'm not and billing that only a certified accountant is going to have half a chance figuring it out, if they too worked for Rogers. Customer service, pitiful. (This will probably be censored as well).