More Monthly Usage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

More Monthly Usage

Rogers you need to upgrade your Download Usage, Now a days 120gb is nothing. Hardly any store sells PC video games because Steam and Origin can sell them cheaper. Which only 120gb a month to share with a full family of 5 you can't even enjoy video gaming anymore. (Most are 15-30gb EACH game). You need to find a way to upgrade your packages to have more usage far beyond what they have now.

Thanks, Derek

Anyone else think they need to give us more! The other supplys seem to do it.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: More Monthly Usage

You are correct, but the way Rogers would look at it, is that you can upgrade to a different Internet package at a higher cost and therefore increase your monthly usage! Why do you think they introduced bandwidth allowances in the first place?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Interesting,I have Rogers Lite and get 25 gb/month. As Rogers and Bell fight it out to see who can get the most $$ out of their captive audience, my daughter in BC pays Tellus a dollar less per month for the same speed and 150gb. Shaw though a bit more expensive also offers 125gb for their losest pacckage.

I'm Here A Lot

Shaw also has 70 dollars a month (same Plan I have now) with 400gb.. Rogers gives like 120gb. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Fully  agree, in fact I started this thread about it

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/8432

My speed was fine at the old 18MB, I didn't want the boost to 25, and would have preferred the cap increase to 90 or 100GB instead.  And I even fell for the new modem rental. 

Post in my thread if you like, it's had alot of replies too.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The problem I have with the cap is that the last 3 months I've been billed $100 for going over the limit. I have the Ultimate package which gives me 250GB. I go past that within 10 days easily. I don't have a cable or a satellite subscription so everything I do is online. The best part is there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I need upload speed for what I do and there isn't anybody around that offers me more speed for a cheaper price. I'm stuck paying $250+ per month just for my internet because Rogers feels the need to screw their customers as much as possible.

I'm Here A Lot

Im very late on the reply but, If you call Rogers in say you have a problem with going over the usage monthly, 9/10 you will get a Tech Support and tell them you don't have the money to keep paying the over usage cost. They will give you an Insurance plan (Extra 5 dollars a month or so) and you get insurance GB so if you do go over its a lower cost.

I Plan to Stick Around

Why does the extreme package say 500gb allowance a month, but I'm only getting 120? And paying more then the advertised speed...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Zed,

Are you in NL or NB? Theses are the only provinces that have the 500g plan currently.

If you are in that province, do you have one o the newer d3 gateways? To have this plan, Rogers requires this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I live in NL and have a Docsis 3 modem.  Had it for around 3 months now. So are you saying I should of had my usage bumped up?

The last 2 months I have gone over my usage (don't even know why, we usually never use half), and have been charged for it. I'm also o nthe extreme package.