More Channels Bite the Dust

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cap07
I'm a Reliable Contributor

More Channels Bite the Dust

Don't know if this will get past the censors. Freedom of expression?

Switched the TV on today and noticed 43 History, 44 Comedy and 50 Space channels, amongst others, are now gone. Bill will no doubt eventually increase after the CRT fee is eliminated too. The price of producing quality programming. No way I'm paying more money to get channels I already had, so I guess I'll just wait until every channel turns into fuzzy crackling.

"What's on TV tonight, dear?"

"Dunno. Looks like the same storm they broadcast yesterday."

I'm not a Rogers employee, I'm a disappointed Rogers customer. Don't think much of Bell either.

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: More Channels Bite the Dust

These on Analog?

Still got space this AM on digital.. so its not like they are moved to a pay package, etc (like spike was)

Cap07

Yes sir, indeedy! No notice in my last two Rogers bills or in inducements from them to get even more great stuff. Just click! and they're gone. Reading in this forum, I see no reason to spend more money on specialty packages that they can alter willy-nilly. I'll just wait til the screen goes dark.

My cellphone contract runs out soon. No more data plan for me. Now, about the internet.......

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is one thing i did notice too.. with the bills, no longer seeing the annoucements there.

Space and History, should still be available, if you get the free DTA though (as long as your current package includes the channels)

Cap07

Always had them before. Odd thing is, my brother, who lives in another part of town suddenly started getting the channels I'm now missing.

I won't call a tech. Frankly, I've lost faith in the technically advanced members of our species. If they start messing around with my box outside I'll probably lose what few channels I have left and my phone won't work either.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

"always had them before"
is a tough thing in some of these cases..

With analog.. it was always hard for rogers to REGULATE stuff.. you coldnt really monitor # of connections in a house, you couldnt really restrict the channels as easily.

(people dont realize, things like # of outlets, has actually been around for a LOOONG time, just never inforced)

MANY people, often who only say had BASIC vs VIP, (pre digital), would often get many of the vip channels, again they couldnt regulate it, unless they installed blockers at the house, etc. (which wasnt done often).

So many are finding, that stuff is 'taken away' when they convert to even basic digital... when REALLY, they were actually getting for FREE some things which others were paying for.

But i can see how people would see it as being ripped off.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just trying to check out some things, to see if there is any dropouts scheduled (looking around a few places)

What city are you in? (as its not always the same for all locations).

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

MANY people, often who only say had BASIC vs VIP, (pre digital), would often get many of the vip channels, again they couldnt regulate it, unless they installed blockers at the house, etc. (which wasnt done often).

So many are finding, that stuff is 'taken away' when they convert to even basic digital... when REALLY, they were actually getting for FREE some things which others were paying for.

But i can see how people would see it as being ripped off.

Way back before digital, when MeTV was introduced, it was 16 channels (if I recall), but my area only got 10 of them due to network inadequacy or something. Those 10 didn't include Speed, so I didn't bother upgrading. Then, when the missing channels were added, I found I could get Speed for free! I guess Rogers didn't upgrade their filter.

Anyway, back to the OP, I'm still getting History, Comedy and Space on the PVR and the DTA, but mine are on 45, 46 and 48.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
JWBF
I Plan to Stick Around

He has non DTA, and is still using analog apparently.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Apparently Rogers notified customers on their bills of the migration to digital and that free DTAs could be ordered. I didn't see it and called when a channel I often watch disappeared. That's how I found out. I picked mine up at the Rogers store.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario