cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month-to-month service fee

Carmari23
I've Been Here Awhile

I have taken off the Rogers to Rogers Calling add on from my account which is $5 then I got an email of the confirmation of the changes and it stated my monthly fee of the term service plus the monthly fee for the month-to-month service of $12 which I have never have before on my account. Please explain why there is a new monthly fee?

***Edited Labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Month-to-month service fee

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't sweat it too much ... I have had corrections made and changed my plan a couple times and received the email as to what the changes were .... the description of the changes were not even close to being what they actually were. I just waited  for the bill to come,  quite prepared to go to war... but it was fine.

I have no idea why they do that..... It will be interestiing to here the why in this case ... if there is one.

lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Not entirely sure what you'd be referring to. I mean if you have an older plan you might have a $6.95/month system access fee, or something similar. We do not have a $12.00/month service fee, and not sure if we would've had something like that in the last few years. To my understand there is no additional fee for month to month service.

What does the line item for this fee state? There is usually a name to it.

EDIT: Another thought. You might have a $12.00/month feature on your account you're receving a discount for. That discount wouldn't necessarily show up on your confirmation e-mail. Check your previous bills for something like that.

Carmari23
I've Been Here Awhile
It stated as
Monthly Fees for Month-to-Month Services - $12.00

I just do not know why there is such fee that will be added on as I only taken off an add on feature from my wireless account.

The confirmation email can be confusing.
Keep in mind, confirmation email is talking about Confirming Changes.
That's it.
It refers to all product's FULL PRICE in the confirmation.
If you have any savings attached to your product, it does not list it.
so let's say if you have a package for 50$ but it really is $60 with $10 off, it will send an email of $60 pricing, becuase it doesn't list the $10 savings.

Hope this makes sense, look at your bill and see what the regular charges are (without any savings) it should add up to the price you would get on the confirmation email.

Cheers.

That is.....very strange. You had best address this through one of the mods here, the live chat, or via customer care. Personally I haven't seen such a charge before.

barndoor

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Just mindboggling .... why wouldn't they just confirm in writing the changes  actually made as made . If it's not worded properly it will it baffle the system computer and cause yet another glitch  ?

I've got to stop coming here this is just getting too strange.

Changes are confirmed in writing. However for some reason any promotions or discounts are not included, so if you're receiving a discount on the plan or on a feature it would show up at full cost.

However this month to month service fee is not something I've ever seen. The OP should take this to customer service or one of the mods here, as I stated before.

barndoor

@lockdown2341 wrote:

Changes are confirmed in writing. However for some reason any promotions or discounts are not included, so if you're receiving a discount on the plan or on a feature it would show up at full cost.

However this month to month service fee is not something I've ever seen. The OP should take this to customer service or one of the mods here, as I stated before.

In my understanding of english, that would suggest that only SOME  of the changes are confirmed in writing. And in my case that has been confirmed.

WHY can Rogers not confirm ANY change in writing if they are going to bother with it at all?Is it that much of a challenge?

What is the point of sending out a confirmation of change to someone that has negotiated a discount and not even have it explained on the confirmation

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Carmari23,

I’d like to help. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you,

RogersHassam 

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation