cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modern guide missing?

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Had my NB 3.0 set to the Modern style guide.  Turned on the tv this afternoon, and it was set to Classic mode.  Went to settings, and it appears that the Modern guide mode has been disabled.

Can confirm this is also the case on my NB2 terminal.

A sneaky overnight software release (software version numbers have't changed)?  Something wrong with the Modern guide that it needed to be disabled?

***Edited Labels***

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Modern guide missing?

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
Modern Guide isn't disabled on my TV (I checked today morning).

I presume a reset might be in order. Although you said this is happening in two boxes.

😞 Now I am concerned that this may happened to my box while I've been out of the house. Nooo!

kso
I Plan to Stick Around
It's gone, don't bother rebooting it won't do anything.

Latest software update being phased in removed modern guide, classic's the only option now.

lavictl
I've Been Around
I really like the modern one. Wonder why they go rid of it.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello everyone,

You may be familiar with “The Modern Theme” layout which displayed the Interactive Program Guide with a full-screen playback of Live TV behind the program guide.  In the “Classic Theme” view, live TV playback is played in a window directly to the right and underneath the Interactive Program Guide.

We hope you will see the advantages of the upgraded experience, as the change is permanent and was made with your viewing in mind to make it easier to navigate and view at the same time.

RogersDarrell

Right. I think I didn't even notice I kind of zombied my way through the guide and found what i was looking for.

Thanks for the Info @RogersDarrell

cc_25
I've Been Around
Can you explain how removing one of the two options is an "upgraded experience"?

Thanks for the info... after the fact. I preferred the modern guide because it showed more channels per screen. Now I have to do more scrolling to move through the guide. Not an upgrade at all in my opinion.

Square
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ha Ha, this is a joke right??   You guys won't fix all the problems with all your piece of junk boxes, but have time to take features away??   Still fuming and bitter that you took away MY choice to switch to SARA on the 4642 settop box!! 

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

@modman wrote:

Thanks for the info... after the fact. I preferred the modern guide because it showed more channels per screen. Now I have to do more scrolling to move through the guide. Not an upgrade at all in my opinion.

NO, I'm pretty sure both guides showed the same number of channels per screen....

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Square wrote:

Ha Ha, this is a joke right??   You guys won't fix all the problems with all your piece of junk boxes, but have time to take features away??   Still fuming and bitter that you took away MY choice to switch to SARA on the 4642 settop box!! 

And I'm still fuming that Microsoft won't support MSDOS 6.22 anymnore either, but such is life.

Maintaining one version of a guide is much easier then maintaining 3.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't have a dog in this fight because I have an SA8300HD using the old, old guide, which I prefer. Yes, it isn't in HD, but that's fine.

For reference, this explains the Enhanced Guides, Classic and Modern:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownloa...

They ALL show 5 lines and the same amount of timeline, about 1-3/4 hours. Personally, if I had to choose, I'd want the classic version because it shows the whole picture in a smaller window (just like the old guide) instead of just the top half of the picture in a full width window. It also says that the Classic is the default and the Modern is the option, so you know which one would get eliminated.

Clipboard01.jpg

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Square
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Oh well, Rogers is digging there own grave.  I wanted the SARA on the 4642 for my dad who is old and liked the old guide better.  Rogers took the option to switch back to SARA on all the 4642 away, yet you still have the option on the NB2.   Why??

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You SHOULDNT have it on the 8642.  My understanding was that they were all force upgraded.

TheArcher
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers did not force upgrade all 8642s. They stopped doing that after the major problems with RTN on 8642s ( well documented on these forums) became evident. My 8642 is still performing well on SARA as are lots of others. However I can understand that if someone had an 8642 changed to RTN then Rogers would not switch it back to SARA. So it is true that that option is not available for the NB2.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 in conversation