Modern guide missing?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Modern guide missing?

Had my NB 3.0 set to the Modern style guide.  Turned on the tv this afternoon, and it was set to Classic mode.  Went to settings, and it appears that the Modern guide mode has been disabled.

Can confirm this is also the case on my NB2 terminal.

A sneaky overnight software release (software version numbers have't changed)?  Something wrong with the Modern guide that it needed to be disabled?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Modern guide missing?

Modern Guide isn't disabled on my TV (I checked today morning).

I presume a reset might be in order. Although you said this is happening in two boxes.

😞 Now I am concerned that this may happened to my box while I've been out of the house. Nooo!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's gone, don't bother rebooting it won't do anything.

Latest software update being phased in removed modern guide, classic's the only option now.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I really like the modern one. Wonder why they go rid of it.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

You may be familiar with “The Modern Theme” layout which displayed the Interactive Program Guide with a full-screen playback of Live TV behind the program guide.  In the “Classic Theme” view, live TV playback is played in a window directly to the right and underneath the Interactive Program Guide.

We hope you will see the advantages of the upgraded experience, as the change is permanent and was made with your viewing in mind to make it easier to navigate and view at the same time.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Right. I think I didn't even notice I kind of zombied my way through the guide and found what i was looking for.

Thanks for the Info @RogersDarrell
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can you explain how removing one of the two options is an "upgraded experience"?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thanks for the info... after the fact. I preferred the modern guide because it showed more channels per screen. Now I have to do more scrolling to move through the guide. Not an upgrade at all in my opinion.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ha Ha, this is a joke right??   You guys won't fix all the problems with all your piece of junk boxes, but have time to take features away??   Still fuming and bitter that you took away MY choice to switch to SARA on the 4642 settop box!! 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@modman wrote:

Thanks for the info... after the fact. I preferred the modern guide because it showed more channels per screen. Now I have to do more scrolling to move through the guide. Not an upgrade at all in my opinion.

NO, I'm pretty sure both guides showed the same number of channels per screen....