Moca filter for whole home pvr?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Moca filter for whole home pvr?

Today rogers came out to install whole home pvr and add more outlets for the digital adapters. I was wondering if its true that moca filter is needed for the whole home pvr. Currently I saw no filter installed unless its a spliter in the inside of my house, so unless it was down outside I dont think they did it. When i called rogers to explain and ask they told me they gonna charge me another 50 bucks to come back out and that there is no such thing as a moca filter.

So i was wondering whats going on if its needed now or not and im not being charged again for someone not doing there job right in the first place...

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Moca filter for whole home pvr?

im pretty sure they installed one in the incoming cable line in your house. are you saying the technicians are not trained properly and careless just because you do not know what to look for on the cable line? you prolly dont even know what a moca filter looks like

I've Been Here Awhile

Removed by poster

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Watch your mouth please.. He never swore or said anything remotely rude to you. All he said was

" im pretty sure they installed one in the incoming cable line in your house. are you saying the technicians are not trained properly and careless just because you do not know what to look for on the cable line? you prolly dont even know what a moca filter looks like"

He NEVER called you any names or anything else. So please edit the post. You are making your self look really bad & no one is most likely going to help you with that language you are showing to us. Show some respect to the members & the ones that are trying to help or else do not bother asking for help if you are going to be rude & call names like " jackass" He simple said that you most likely do not know what a Moca filter is. How is that Rude goes beyond me.

No one cares who you are & what you do. No one needs to know seeing as this is not a website to know this stuff for.. simple as that. You are fliping out for no reason. I suggest editing the post before a Mod comes & does it & chill out & respect & talk like a human being you are.. Take some time & rethink on what you say before posting it as well. You are simple being Rude, not pauly.

I've Been Here Awhile

Removed. by poster

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I will reply to the general public, not to the original poster unless he edits his reply.  I don't deal with rude behaviour.

speaking about the original poster, someone i knew had the exact same question and accused the installer of not installing a moca filter,  it turned out the rogers installer did install one, in the oudside network interface box, when he came back to show the home owner, boy was the home owner embarrased about the big stink he made all for nothing, he was wrong all along, and finalyl shut up.   my word of advise, let the pro's do their job, if not ,they will be delt with appropritately from their superiors, not peopel like me and you.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Pauly wrote:

I will reply to the general public, not to the original poster unless he edits his reply.  I don't deal with rude behaviour.

speaking about the original poster, someone i knew had the exact same question and accused the installer of not installing a moca filter,  it turned out the rogers installer did install one, in the oudside network interface box, when he came back to show the home owner, boy was the home owner embarrased about the big stink he made all for nothing, he was wrong all along, and finalyl shut up.   my word of advise, let the pro's do their job, if not ,they will be delt with appropritately from their superiors, not peopel like me and you.

Removed the posts just to make you happy, but next time you shouldnt let one person who was wrong judge the rest of the community. i was wrong to insult just as i think you were wrong to say i dont know what a moca filter was, you could of asked if i knew or something or just answered yes you need a moca filter i found it rude you replied that tech know what there doing i have had many techs at my house screw up every time, and again nothign has changed maybe u have better techs where you live maybe i just get unlucky but in the end I would just like to know if a moca fitler is needed or not.

If your not satistifed that I dont know what a moca filter is Im more then happy to take a picture of what the tech did, currently my house us in reno i ran all new rb6 cables through my house cat6 etc not gonna go into details about that but i can show u the line coming in goes to a 2 way splitter one splits to internet modem other splits to the cable televesion to yet another 4 way splitter thats it. Like i said im more then happy to take a picture and show you that the tech didnt do his job right.... "If a moca filter is needed."

And while i was waiting for you to reply pauly i talked to website custoemr care and this is what i get from them, just shos they dont properly train people when there own customer service doesnt know things its bad how is the custoemr suppose to know techs did there job right. when they dont even know.

4:55 PM

dragonslaya

The moca filter is a device that doesnt allow certain frequencys to pass through it

4:56 PM

dragonslaya

it prevents the whole home pvr leaking out to my neighbouring houses. So that whatever i have recorded doesnt show up beign seen and streamed to my neighbours

4:56 PM

dragonslaya

and no such moca fitler was installed which means not im leaking information out of my whoel home pvr network cause of it

4:57 PM

Doug:

That would never happen. Your terminals are not connected to any other persons account so they would not be able to access anything from your terminal. A Moca Filter is not required.

4:59 PM

Doug:

In order for a customer to be able to connect to your HD PVR they would need a digital box that is registered to your account.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The techs on the phone.. especialy on the whole home PVR... have been poorly trained.  They probably dont know a whole lot about the process, etc.
I was one of the first people to get it set up so to spreak.. within a day of if being released.

I had to call in 3 different times, to get a person who even knew how to set up a call in the system so the techs new what they were commiing out for.

The filter.. at least the one i have.. looks like a long cylinder.. probably not that much bigger around than the cable itself.. probably 4 inches if that, long.

Now, its not to say, that things may have changed, and they may have splitters, that have these built in now, etc.

Again comming back to the person on the phone... they may not have been quite sure of what they were talking about.  When the tech came out to install ours.. he was able to explain WHY they were needed.   Durring the testing down in toronto, when training the install techs.. they were playing around.. and they pluged one in, without the filter.
They were able to read the info off a PVR, pluged in two buildings away, in another rogers building.