Mobile payments with NFC - support for the 9360 and BB10?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svelt
I'm Here A Lot

Mobile payments with NFC - support for the 9360 and BB10?

Hi, 

It seems like the CIBC mobile payment app is only available for the 9900 still. Are there plans to make it available for use with BB10 devices and the Curve 9360 (which I am currently using)? All of these Blackberries have NFC so there should be no technical reason why they can't use the mobile payment...

thanks

***edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Mobile payments with NFC - support for the 9360 and BB10?

Hello svelt

The ONLY Blackberries that have NFC are the Curve 9360, Bold 9900, Z10 & Q10. No other Blackberry has NFC but those 4. When they started the CIBC Mobile payment, ONLY the Bold 9900 & Curve 9360 was used for it.

They will be rolling out more updates to let other blackberries & smartphones to be used. Just wait & they will announce it.

"Suretap expands to Android and BlackBerry 10

Last year, we were excited to announce our partnership with CIBC to bring mobile payments to Canada. Since then, we have partnered with suretap to essentially turn your smartphone into a digital wallet. This week, we expanded suretap’s services to work on even more devices, including the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note II for Android, plus the new Blackberry Z10.

Check out what’s being said online in some great posts this week from Tech Vibes, NFC News, IT NerdThe Cellular Guru, Mobile Syrup and IT Business. Have you made a purchase with suretap yet? What developments are you looking forward to in 2013? "

http://redboard.rogers.com/2013/weekend-reading-a-suretap-update-and-all-things-digital/

svelt
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Meowmix,

Thanks for your response. Not sure if you are a Rogers rep or Blackberry expert but the CIBC mobile app only appears to be downloadable by the Bold 9900. I have the Curve 9360 with NFC and it doesn't appear on my App World. Is this something that Rogers needs to support specifically for the 9360, or have they already supported it and are just waiting for CIBC to go ahead with it? 

See: https://www.cibc.com/ca/features/mobile-payment.html. Says only the Bold 9900 can use it... 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello svelt

I do not work for Blackberry or Rogers. I am a Blackberry expert tho as i have owned all of the Blackberries that came out.

Most likely waiting until CIBC clears it & gives it the green light for the Curve 9360 to be used. IT could also be that the curve is not mostly used to that is why they went with the Bold 9900. When the Suretype started, they tested it with the Bold 9900. So that is why they are supporting that device first. The S3, Galaxy Note & the Blackberry Z10 are being supported now as well.

I would contact CIBC & see what they say about this.

I only see the Bold 9900 on their website as well.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/suretap?setLanguage=en