cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Device - Saving Voicemail

cdemotte87
I've Been Around

I desperately need to save a voicemail from my mobile device. I need the voice recording. Help!

*Edited Labels*

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Mobile Device - Saving Voicemail

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just remember that if you are going to connect your cell phones 3.5 mm headset jack to some kind of audio equipment to record the voice mail, be sure to connect it to an auxiliary input and NOT a Phono input.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As pauly was saying, the best bet may be to get a earphone to earphone jack cable, connect to the earphone jack on your phone to when the audio plays back from there, you can then put that into the MIC or line in on a PC and record it there.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I strongly advise against connecting the headset out of your phone to the mic in of a laptop. the mic input on laptops and computers expects a different signal level than what is being output by the phones headset jack, so only connect to a line in or aux in jack, and guess what? most laptops now a days do not have such connections nay more to save costs

Metisgirl13
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Need a way to save/export important voicemail

If you get a message that you're not registered for this service, is there a way to change that online?  If not, any other suggestions to save the voicemails?

What about cell phones? I forgot to mention that part. Thanks!

Hi @Metisgirl13,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I fully understand how important it is to save voicemails.  The easiest method would probably be outlined in the posts above yours.  If you find a better solution, please let us know!

Also, could you clarify where you're getting the "not registered for this service" message? 

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

Metisgirl13
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, thanks for the reply!  After I posted the help request, I realized that saving the voicemail was only for the home phone service. 

I was hopeful that this solution would work with cell phones but it doesn't look like it does.  I don't have an audio cable, so recording the messages isn't an option. 

I'm wondering if you can forward the messages to a landline and save them there?  Anybody try that before?

Hi @Metisgirl13,

I just tried to forward one of my own voicemails on my cell phone, and didn't find any option there.  You may be out of luck on that one. 

Perhaps one of our Community members has a suggestion?

Kind regards,

RogersShaun