Missing Some Channels This Morning?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Missing Some Channels This Morning?

Hi.

I live in Mississauga, On. and I was missing a few channels this monring around 5am

e.g. CP24, Rogers Sportnet

I tried rebotting the box ... same results.

I called my Parents (also in Mississauga) and they said they have it as of 10am.

Anybody else lose service on a few channels?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Missing Some Channels This Morning?

Are you on analog basic cable, or do you have a digital set top box? Rogers is phasing all analog channels to digital and you need at least a digital adapter, free from Rogers.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Here in Pickering

no HDCBC, HDABC, HDCBS, HDNBC, HDSPORTSNET, HDTSN, HDYTV, HDSHOWCASE, HDTLC since Sunday August 11th.

all Rogers says is "we are expeiencing an outage (going on 5 days now)! 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

looks like your right, it might very well be an outage, this means the problem might not be at rogers but could be at the source where they aquire the signal from. best to either call and ask for a ETA or wait it out

I've Been Here Awhile

Finally talked to an intelligent customer service tech yesterday. THERE IS NO OUTAGE.
Turns out I am getting a really week signal on these channels. They are sending a technician out to
my home tomorrow.
All this after 3 techs in customer support, as well as a supervisor told me on 4 separate occasions there was an outage in Picketing.
If anyone else is having an
issue with not receiving channels, don't buy their outage. Insist they dispatch a tech to your home. Most of these issues are signal transmission issues on the Rogers side.
I have logged a complaint with customer relations. Let you know what kind of compensation they offer .

**edited for content**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Let us know what the tech finds.

Could be something simple, change of a cable,splitter, add a booster, you could be good to go.

If the signal issue stems from the FEED side (before its even to your house, its week).. could be something bigger.. an outage, per say.

I encourage you to keep at it, about getting compensation.

We had issues in our whole subdivision for 2+ months.  Kept on them, complained (politely), and was able to get a good package in compenstaion for it.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

All my channels came back by the time I returned from home.

I've Been Here Awhile

Well, I live in markham and had exactly the same problem starting around the same time. Select channels were missing like CBC on 6 and 514 etc and all the ones on your orignal list. What was especially strange was that some of the sportsnet channels up in the 500's which on Saturday AM were all broadcasting the same program (English Football), some of these would show black and showed fine

This only happened on my old PVR (4 year old Explorer 8300HD). On the old TV I have connected with the non PVR STB I got the signal.

I talk to tech support who says my signal is weak. Sends out a tech who says signal is a little weak. Installs a amplifier. Still don't get channels. Tech concludes that it must be my PVR, which since I own he can do nothing about.

About 2 hours later, the picture goes completely wonky on all TVs. I deinstall the amplifier and get back to where I was.

I go to Rogers store to buy a nextbox 3 figuring my PVR is pooched. (Bought the 8300 and even if the box is dead after 4 years, I was ahead of the game over renting). None in stock for sale . Sales rep phones another store who has some. (While waiting, talk to a customer with an Explorer  8300HD in bag. He rents, says he is picking up a NextBox 3 for rental and they told him no problem with supply).

Drive to the other store. Sales Rep there says "Oh, we tried to call back the other store, we actually don't have a SKU to sell you the box. But we have lots for rental...you can rent to own".

So, I rent one. I get home. I hook it up. Magically all channels there. I figure I'll hook up old PVR, at least I can see most channels, and watch the shows I had recorded.

Magically, 514 is back and all the other chanels as well. (Just for sake of completeness, I hook up the 8300 in it's old location and it works, all channels working)

So, there was nothing really wrong with my old PVR, but Rogers did manage to get me to waste perhaps the best Saturday of the summer dealing with what was almost surely a problem on their end...and they sucked me into another $13 bucks a month for a device I didn't need (I traded in my rental non-PVR STB for the Next Box rental so it nets out to a $13 dollar difference).

I've Been Around

I am in southeast Scarborough and have numerous HD channels not working since I got up this morning. Global, City, Discovery, AMC and many more. Work ok in SD. Anyone else having issues?

I've Been Around

I've been having problems since the 15th of this month, TSN, Sportsnet Ontario and a few other channels have become black screens. I've called twice and the second time I was told its a known issue with Rogers at the moment, CSR rep told me my issue was being escalated and that I would be hearing from someone within a few days.