Missing Rogers Email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Missing Rogers Email

The older messages in my inbox are disappearing.  None of my devices or home computer are displaying them.  I noticed the problem several weeks ago and thought I had inadvertantly deleted them all.  I am now realizing that in fact it is not me.  They are deleting on their own!  I am only using 0.12% of my total email storage.  What is going on?!

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Missing Rogers Email

Both that way on the webmail, as well as the devices accessing it?

How are each of the devices set to access the mail?  PoP? IMAP, etc?
what are the settings on them?... set to leave the mail on the server, etc?

I know some clients, will have a setting to say delete after X many days on server etc. (i think outlook had that, etc)

Just checked mine.. seems like i have stuff going back to 2007 still there. dont think anything is disapearing.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My wife had a similiar issue a few months ago. All of her older messages were missing from her Rogers InBox. I appeared to be unaffected as I still had hundreds of messages in my InBox. We wrote it off to user error. Today, I checked my Rogers InBox only to find that I had no messages more than 68 days old. All of my personally-created folders are intact, as well as my Sent, and Drafts folders. The InBox is the only folder affected by this issue.

Neither my wife nor myself access our accounts using a local client. We only view and manage our email on the web. My wife exclusively accesses her emails through her iPad, while I use my iPhone 5s, and MacBook Pro. On the MacBook, I do not use the Apple mail client, rather, I access Rogers mail through a Safari link.  I also use a "BootCamp" Windows 8.1 partition on my MacBook, where I access Rogers email using Internet Explorer 11.

I have other Yahoo! mail accounts which I access in the same way, but these seem unaffected. It only appears to exist when using the Rogers web client

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

But you can see PAST that age on your iOS devices??
(meaing the main IS there)

I just checked mine, on the web version.  Windows 7, IE11.
I was able to browse back to my earliest in the inbox (anything older i folder archive), of Jan 2014.

When i scroll to the bottom, it takes a second to LOAD more further, and the scroll bar expands with the new ones.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

No, I cannot see anything older than April 11, 2015 on any of my devices.  This only affects the Inbox of my Rogers.com email. I fear that hundreds of emails have been lost. I am not at all impressed with this development.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ouch.. yeah seems more the ACCOUNT than just a visibility issue..

I always have ONE client somewhere, set up for POP (vs imap, web connection, etc) set to download from the server (but leave a copy on the server).  I run it like once a month, to download whats new on there.
JUST to have a backup.. as well i dont 100% trust ANY online mail service.

(i have had email since like hotmail first started out doing email, etc... over the course of that address.. they have lost my email 6 times 😞 )

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

A few days ago my emails all disappeared from my inbox, as these include all my university application related emails I'm very upset and panicking!

What happened and why, and can I get my emails back.  I did nothing different in my account, I have always accessed from my iPhone or PC and no setting changed - just were all there one minute and gone the next???

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good morning @poolsadie,

You mentioned you access it via iPhone and PC.  Are you using email programs such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows mail etc? If so, there's a chance you may have your emails set up to back up on our mail server.

If so, go to www.mail.rogers.com and login with your @Rogers email address to confirm your emails are still saved on our webmail.  If you confirm your emails are not stored on our webmail, you can try to restore emails here.  Keep in mind though, this isn't 100% guaranteed to work.

Before submitting the email restoration form, there's a couple other things I'd like to check with you, which would involve accessing your account.  So please PM me at your earliest convinence so I can further assist you.

Regards,

@RogersCilio