cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misled by Rogers rep and grandfathered plan mistakenly removed!!

Mia6
I've Been Here Awhile

I called Rogers this morning to inquire about getting a new cell phone. I have a "grandfathered package" (5 GB Loyalty Wireless Plan for 57.00 before taxes). Because I'm not eligible for an upgrade, I have to pay outright for the new cell I want, a Samsung S9. I was just going to buy it outright at Best Buy so that I wouldn't have to change my plan  but thought I would see what Rogers would offer. Big mistake I guess. I ended up with a Talk & Text 2 GB -No Tab with 2 GB bonus for $50.00. The rep assured me that this was still my Loyalty plan which I am now finding out it is NOT.  It's an okay plan and a bit less than what I was paying but I had no intention of getting rid of my grandfathered plan that I've had for over 20 years!! I called back within 2 hours of the change and was told they can't fix this even after I told them it was the rep's error in not advising me properly. After speaking to a "manager" this is now in the hands of "the back end office" and supposedly someone will contact me next week. I won't hold my breath! I guess a letter to Office of the President is next. Any other suggestions?

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Misled by Rogers rep and grandfathered plan mistakenly removed!!

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A complaint to the CCTS might be the next step, although they might wait for the response from the Office of the President.  Just as a reminder, there was a set of CRTC hearings recently into the sales practices of the big telcos.  I don't believe that any report or instructions to the telcos to clean up their act have been issued but I might be wrong on that one.  

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

Re: Misled by Rogers rep and grandfathered plan mistakenly removed!!

Mia6
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the suggestion! I am calling back tomorrow morning to follow up. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation