Migrating from fido to rogers question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Migrating from fido to rogers question

I just had a question. On saturday i called to migrate my account from fido to rogers. I spoke with a rep from rogers from the migration department and he placed an order for my new phone for me. My question is Why hasn't it been shipped yet? I thought it should of been shipped on monday but now its friday and still no phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this is happening?

Thank you

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Migrating from fido to rogers question

Hello geniej

The shipping process takes 3-5 business days. It may take 1-2 days if UPS picks it up. Also did you get a email confirmation of the phone being shipped out & ordered? If so i would suggest calling in to see what is going on.

If you never got anything emails, i would call in. That means the phone was never placed either by accident or the system did not let it go threw.

Now when you spoke to them, did they assign a new number to you? They are supposed to do that when you are transfering your line. Its a temperary number being assinged. We need more info to help.

I Plan to Stick Around

well i can go through what ive already experienced. On saturday the rep set everything up i chose the phone i wanted and the rate plan. I will be keeping my phone number from fido. So he said he would give me a call on wednesday which he did and he told me it can take up to 2-5 business days to receive it and he said he would give me a call back on saturday which would be tomorrow. He mentioned once i receive the phone he will contact fido to bring my phone number over to rogers. Im still using my fido account currently.

I havent received any emails from rogers or fido regarding confirmation that anything has been done although i have called rogers twice they told me today the order was successful and it should be shipped by this upcoming monday.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello geniej

Then there you go. You got the answered you needed. They told you this coming Monday they will send it out for you. The reason being is because after the rep does everything, Fido's back end team office will review it & have to get all your files / contract & credit info over to Rogers. This can take a few days to happen. Once this is done, the phone gets sent out. The reps already told you that it will take 2-5 BUSINESS days for it to be shipped to you. This process does not take 1 day or so. It takes up to a week for them to get everything ready & sent out. 

Also the phone could be out of stock so that could be the reason why its not shipped out yet. Many factors play.

I Plan to Stick Around

alright its already been 5 business days i'm just shocked its taking a while to send it out.. Thanks for the explanation i appreciate it

Genie

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello geniej

Like i said, it could be many things playing here. UPS has yet to pick it up. It could be the phone being out of stock. It could be that they want to send all the files from Fido to Rogers before they send out the phone. It could be other reasons we may not know.

You are welcome. Always trying to help:)
I Plan to Stick Around

The first rep told me it should be shipped out by monday than the second online rep said it could be out of stock although the lady on the phone couldnt tell me if it was in stock or not and just wait for the phone call tomorrow

U can see why im confused

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sorry the second rep told me it is out of stock

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello geniej

Then that is why it has not been shipped out yet. Its out of stock & they are waiting for it to get it. Once they get it, they will ship it out to you. Mainly they get stock Saturdays from what i know.

Just wait for the call tomorrow & the rep will explain more too you. I would be confused as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

on saturday u would think they would know if there was some available or the rep wouldnt even put the order through. i didnt know if they were able to reserve one for people that are new customers moving from one company to another