cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Market says app is "Installed" yet app is updatable...

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

So I searched for Kies Air and market said it's "Installed" yet when I click on it it is updatable...why???

I tried the clear cache thing but it's doesn't work. 

Also I have apps set to auto-update yet that never happens unless I manually click them. Yes, box is checked for auto-update.

I'm starting to miss IOS... (-_-)

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Market says app is "Installed" yet app is updatable...

Achilles

Odd, I went into settings > apps >  all > market > cleared the cache and the data and now it auto-updated adobe flash player. Thanks guys.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mathieu
I'm a Trusted Contributor
1st, the App Store on iOS devices doesn't have auto-update at all and you have to enter your iTunes password for every app updates.

The Android Market never auto-update apps if the new version needs more permissions.
Also, some apps can only be updated over WiFi because they are too big.

Achilles

@Mathieu wrote:
1st, the App Store on iOS devices doesn't have auto-update at all and you have to enter your iTunes password for every app updates.

The Android Market never auto-update apps if the new version needs more permissions.
Also, some apps can only be updated over WiFi because they are too big.

Yes Mathieu, thank you. I know all about IOS. But it still does not answer my original question.

Mathieu
I'm sorry but asking help from Android experts and threatening to come back to iOS in the same post doesn't help.

If you want help, please mention your phone, Android version and Android Market version.
Without this information, we can't help you.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Instead of telling him how IOS works ( seeing as he did have IOS before hand & knows how it works no need to tell him) try helping him out by asking him about the device & all like u just did instead of teaching him something he already knows.

Also you are wrong. Even the apps that use little data & less permission do NOT auto update even if you checked it. I have heard & read it on many posts & blogs.

Mathieu
Guess what? I own [X] Android devices and the Android Market auto-update my apps just fine (except when a new permission is needed or when the app is too big and I'm not on WiFi).

Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus ...
Android version: 4.0.2
Android Market version: 3.4.4

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
He is using a Galaxy S2 LTE seeing as he as postes threads on how the phone he is using ( S2 LTE) is not working properly & other stuff. The Version of the OS & Market place i would not know.

Achilles

SGH-I727R (Skyrocket) | Not rooted

Android 2.3.5

Baseband Version I727RUXKJ7

Kernel 2.6.35.11

GINGERBREAD.RUXKJ7

Market 3.4.4 | Notifications ON | Auto-update apps ON | Update over Wi-Fi only ON

Achilles

Odd, I went into settings > apps >  all > market > cleared the cache and the data and now it auto-updated adobe flash player. Thanks guys.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation