Manual Recording Nextbox 2.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Manual Recording Nextbox 2.0

Just got the Nextbox 2.0 and am shocked to see that you cannot set record times manually!!!!

If I want to record a baseball game...the time slot is from 7PM-10PM.  Well, most games go well beyond 10 PM.  With the old PVR system...and with everything else that I have ever recorded on in my life...you could manually set the beginning and end times.

Am I missing something...I have gone through all of the settings and cannot find a way to get around this!

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Manual Recording Nextbox 2.0

I know that you can set the recording to terminate later in specified increments up to three hours if you preprogram the recording but I cannot figure out how you can do this if you start to record the program after it is already started.

Any idea if this can be done?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As for the OP's problem.  That is something that has come up before.  Not much, as i guess its not a super common thing, but you are correct that you can not set up a manual recording like that per say (8:38 to 12:46 for example).

AT this time, the best you can do, if you are setting it before hand, is to set the X amount past the end.

This part i am not sure, i would have to test.. but say its already started.. just hit the record button, it will start recording the show in progress to the end of its slot.  Now, i am not sure if you can, but i would check to see if you can go in and edit it then, and change the end time X mins past the end afterwards.

**edited for content**

I've Been Here Awhile

I just hope they add manual record function which allowed specifying exact start/end times to the next Enhanced Guide update. It's the feature I used most often with the old guide.

The guide layout also needs to allow 3 hour view of the schedule.

8642 HD PVR Rogers Remote TV Manager support is Coming Soon: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/rpvr

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm curious about how up to date that link is. It had been "coming soon" for about a year now. I just hope they fix the software before they release it for the 8642. My app still shows recordings I deleted months ago.