Mango update for Samsung Focus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Mango update for Samsung Focus

op: "Can anyone from Rogers tell us..."

I guess not.

I have a hard time telling if "occasional advisor" means employed by Rogers or not.

It would be nice to have it from somebody who knows, even with all the layers there must be somebody somewhere who knows the answer to this question? Why do these sort of things always seem like trying to catch smoke? Even an answer like "if all goes smoothly the release date should be yada yada" would be something. I don't like feeling as though we're in the "they already got your money" category.

Thanks?

Phy . . .

I Plan to Stick Around

I am not a Rogers Employee. I help test the Mango update before it went RTM. I dont think Rogers customer service will beable to tell anyone any information on the mango update. There Tech department will be the only people that would have that kind of info. I dont think we should have to wait long though. My phone got the nodo update when they released it and had no problems with the update

I've Been Here Awhile

I got my notification for NoDo on my phone within 2 days of the release by Microsoft. If AT&T are releasing for v1.3 on the 27th, I will be surprised if Rogers does not release that same day... if you are to believe the reports regarding AT&T from south of the boarder. Don't get me wrong... **** happens, so I not counting chickens, but I think it looks good for next Tuesday!

I'm Here A Lot

Sure hope so, Mango is awesome.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersGina
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey guys,
I know you're dying for a date but...we can only provide an OS update once the manufacturer has made it available.

Once the update is made available, We'll test the software on the network to ensure the user experience is seamless.

And yes, our twitter reps are as reliable as calling in for information.
I Plan to Stick Around

AT&T who have the same Samsung Focus have announced the updates will start September 27th. It would appear they have more pull with Samsung.

And yes, our twitter reps are as reliable as calling in for information.

Most of us with the WP7 phone have had to figure it out ourselves due to the lack of knowledge with Rogers phone support. The Rogers Redboard consistently puts up articles about the Iphone and Android touting apps etc. The majority of the time the WP7 can do the same things but is rarely mentioned.

I Plan to Stick Around

seems rogers does not have a clue about the phones they sell, they should have the update from samsung already and gone thru testing already, very very disappointing, this is why wp7 has had a slow start because of the network carriers that sell the phones. I am a wp7 dev and have had mango running for awhile. I just dont understand rogers and the consistant slow slow slow pace they have adopted with wp7. they really need to pull the thumb out of the **bleep** and get on with it and have some input with there customer base instead of us trying to figure it all out for ourselves.

TIME TO START LISTENING ROGERS AND GET TO WORK.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm eagerly awaiting Mango as well.  I hope that Rogers gets more Windows Phones like the HTC Titan and the Focus S. Not that I'd buy a new phone just yet,  but it would at least get some improvents in terms of a Rogers app, or some knowledge of the WP OS in support.  

I've Been Here Awhile

wait.. so what youre saying is that rogers hasnt even recvd the update from samsung to even test when numerous around carriers around the world have already tested and approved it.. including the other 2 in canada??

come on. weve been told by microsoft that the update will be released to the public in one or two weeks. i sincerely hope rogers can figure it out by then. sep 27 is when at&t in the states will be releasing it for the focus. no reason why rogers cant do it.

I'm Here A Lot

And they can take till the end of the season if they want too. I like to think the carrier I am with knows a little about the services they offer but I have had a few of your courtesy calls asking if I want to upgrade or change my package and every one of them tried to tell me to download the My Account app (Before it was available and pulled) download ringtones, etc.  They knew nothing of WP7 so I am a little sceptical about information related to Rogers and Windows Phone, after a year you think Rogers would at least know a little about WP7. Rogers seems to be almost cookie cutter compared to AT&T I would like to think Sammy sent the firmware to them considering most if not all Rogers Focus phones are 1.3.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats