Mango update for Samsung Focus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Mango update for Samsung Focus

To get the Scout feature working you have to change your "search language" to English (United States) as Microsoft has decided that only people in the US deserve to have all the features of the phone. Go to Settings>Region+Language>Search+Browser Language (Drop Down)>Select English (United States). Scout works fine in enough in Canada, I dont really understand why disable it. Enjoy 

I've Been Around

I've also had quite a few frustrating conversations with rogers support reps regarding the internet sharing feature of this phone.. all conversations have ended in "The Samsung Focus" does not support internet sharing... actually, correction, my first discussion resulted in a response stating that once my data plan exceeded 1GB, the internet sharing feature will appear.  Now that my plan is at 5GB, i'm hearing that the phone doesn't support it... this is absolutely ridiculous.  There are endless amounts of articles on the internet stating that you can unlock your phone from your provider and the feature will show up.  I just refuse to hack my phone in order to gain access to a feature which comes built into the phone.  Samsung support also confirmed that this functionality is included out of the box with the phone and if restricted, it's done so via our provider's version of Mango.

http://www.wpcentral.com/mango-officialy-supports-internet-sharing-mobile-hot-spot-feature provides proof that the functionality exists on the Samsung Focus and is currently being used.

PLEASE don't make me unlock my phone just to gain access to this feature.

I'm Here A Lot

Also had numerous unhelpful conversations with Rogers about Focus Mango update. Noticed that Bell rolled out a week ago to its customers. Could it be that Rogers is the last carrier in the entire world to join in?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Internet sharing is slowly getting rolled out by individual carriers in a post-Mango update.  If Rogers customers with >1GB data plans get this feature automatically, I'll be a happy Samsung Focus user (and yes, the chipset in the Focus does support this feature).

In regard to enabling Scout on my phone, thanks for the tip!

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the tip - however I changed the setting and nothing in Bing changed.  Do I have to re-set to default and re-load everything from scratch (ugh....!).  Really appreciate your help.

I've Been Here Awhile

Ahhh...I changed both "System Locale" and "Browser & Search Language" to U.S. and now Scout launches in Bing.  You're right, it works like a charm....thanks again for your help...!