Mango update for Samsung Focus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Mango update for Samsung Focus

Anybody else who experienced success noticed the visual voicemail option is missing?

I've Been Here Awhile

To my understanding from reading a bunch of the blogs and writeups... the visual voice mail is carrier specific. Rogers needs to enable it for the focus. They have it for the Iphones... so I would think it's just a matter of Rogers catching up.

As for the tethering, we might be out to lunch for a while. Microsoft hasn't included the drivers in this update for the broadcom chip that is installed in the Focus. Some people understand that this might come out in a later update.. but again... just what I have been reading.

Hope that helps some ppl.

Forced my computer to see the updates, now I just need to go home and install them. I didn't have time... the backup was taking to long. FingersCrossed .. I'll have it tonight.

Cheers.

I've Been Here Awhile

Is that same as Voice to Text? Mine appears to be working fine. Not sure if that's a result of the update or the Rogers feature.
I've Been Here Awhile

The instructions on wpcentral were very helpful in upgrading to Mango. However, if you are experiencing a driver error when updating, you'll have to reset your phone to factory specs like I did. A bit of a pain I know, but so far it's been well worth it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Visual voicemail opens your voicemail like a music player and allows you to playback messages like songs. Easier way to manage then pressing "7" to delete or "9" to save when listening to voicemails haha

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Talked to Rogers today and they said tethering is enabled if you have it in your plan, but Samsung needs to make an update available for it to work with the Focus so they're waiting on that.

I've Been Around

Samsung Focus (SGH-i917R)

Still at 7.0.7392.0 (NoDo)

Called two different Rogers reps, they don't have a clue as to one end of the phone to the other.

It seems they were completely unaware of such a thing. The most informative answer I could get was:

"Uhhhh...I think that means we're still umm...testing it...no I don't...know...when it's coming out."

Microsoft says Rogers is delivering the update. 

Couple this to the fantastically awful reception around McMaster University, which seems to be 

limited to Rogers customers as I understand it...

I'm a little disheartened to know all these other fine users have it working fine.

This, Rogers, for 70 bucks a month is not service.

It's a bad joke.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I had a focus for 3 days before I sent it back (win7 phone)  you have to contact samsung, or google the update fo samsung...from what I remember , it would not be available until the end of Oct for samsung??

I've Been Here Awhile

I had my first bad experience the other day when they called me to make sure I was happy.  Not only did they try and sell me a more expensive plan which would be ridiculous for my needs but they had no idea what the Samsung Focus was.  The lady I dealt with on the phone tried to explain to me what apps were and how only iPhones and Android devices were the only ones that had apps... I tried to be polite in correcting her but she was pretty **bleep** sure about what she said.  I may have just had a very bad rep.  There were several things in this conversation that I found to be terrible customer service....I figure if the reps don't even know that Win7 is an OS for phones that they we are talking about a hybrid fruit of some sort when we ask about Mango.

I've Been Here Awhile

I downloaded the Mango update today onto my Focus, but the "Local Scout" function does not appear in Bing - anyone have the same problem?  I went on Live Support with Rogers and they said I had to phone Samsung direct.