Mango update for Samsung Focus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Mango update for Samsung Focus

I can't believe that worked! Holy smokes!! Thanks Jason!!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I did the force update, but now my connection to the Rogers network is intermittent and I can't send texts. Might have to roll back until the official update 😞

I've Been Here Awhile

Ummm... anyone else have this problem before i go too far?

Too bad we can't force BF3 to release this easy! Smiley Very Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm going to restore my phone and see if everthing is back to normal. Really don't want to leave Mango, but if I can't call and get texts thats no good. Edit: I'm Alberta

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Bwaaa! Too late, i'm going in deep!

I've Been Here Awhile

Well.... success, and no problems with texting!

I Plan to Stick Around

Nice. I might to try a hard reset on my phone. Something is definitely wrong.

I'm Here A Lot

Bricked my Focus!  I was truly worried for awhile, but managed to get everything fully restored.  I have a feeling my Focus is the v1.4 (crap!). I heard the update for this unique special of all the WP7s won't be available till end of October.  But still why did it try if the correct version of mango for this special version phone in not available?  I'm just going to wait for it to update on it's own 😞

I've Been Here Awhile

worked perfect :D:D thank you sir!!!

apparently rogers reps are still going with the "oh we havent recvd the updated from the manufacturers yet" line. this was today. when microsoft has officially released this thing world wide rogers reps are saying they havent recvd the update yet. good job rogers. way to mislead.

I Plan to Stick Around

Happy days!

I'm not one of the lucky 10% but I followed the method to trigger the upgrade. The triggering definitely worked but not without a hitch. At first I didn't remove apps from my phone and a long way into the upgradean error message came up with a problem accessing the device. I'm pretty sure this has to do with the memory chip I use - its happened before. Next I restored (that took a while), then I removed many apps, reran the update and I had 100% success. Later today I'll add my content back on the device. Its been a relatively good experience, but it does take time.