Mango update for Samsung Focus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Mango update for Samsung Focus

plus other networks in canada have already posted on there websites that the mango update is coming, why is rogers so lazy or incompitant in this matter, they do not care about there subscibers
I'm Here A Lot

I dont think they are being lazy or incompetent. According to the post from RogersGina they supposedly have not received the update from Samsung yet. Hopefully we will see the update or at least an announcement by the end of the month.

I Plan to Stick Around

then the question should be why havent they recieved the update from samsung, pretty much every other carrier in the world will be ready next in the next week or so to deploy the mango update. does this not sound strange that rogers hasnt even recieved the rom from samsung yet?????. Rogers is supposed to be a major player in canada, does not explain why samsung has not passed along the update to them, they would have recieved it at the same time att got the focus update for testeing on the network. I dont see rogers supplying any new wp's in the future. Rogers has to be one of the worst networks i have ever dealt with. I am paying 130 bucks a month to a carrier that really doesnt give a crap about its customers other than taking there money, time to switch networks.
I'm Here A Lot

lol I failed to remember the part where a Rogers Salesperson came to your house and forced you into contract by gunpoint! **bleep** and Complain is all I see in here yet all you people failed to do your homework! You got the best available contract out there and you act like Rogers made the windows phone or the operating system for that matter! It will come when it's available! we just have to wait!

I'm Here A Lot

once again, they don't give a crap because you can't get the mango update? dude i do think we'll get it, just a matter of time! It's probably not even as big a hassle as everyone is making it to be, i'm also sure you didn't get into contract based on mango! You probably didn't even know about it when you bought your windows phone!

I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately I got into this phone due to the Mango updates that were going to be made available. I have a serious problem with Rogers not making the updates available, or making an effort to notify anyone of this.

AT&T has the same phone available, and their Mango update will be made public tomorrow. I would hope someone from Rogers would respond or note this thread regarding these incompetencies.. now as a matter of "patience" I will wait until tomorrow to see what happends, but... still frustrated that there is no news.

I Plan to Stick Around

verizon is the us along with att are usually the slowest carries to get these updates, att will probably begin roll out tmo and verizon have updated there support page to say mango is coming soon. and by the way the guy who posted above, yes i did know about mango before purchasing my phone and rogers are the only ones who supply the focus which was the best one in canada, nobody held me at gunpoint but rogers customer service is crap, that was the point i was making,.and the fact that they still call the operating system windows mobile on the main page should give everyone a hint that they have no clue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Early in September, Rogers told me Mango would be released in 2-3 weeks. The expectation was set that it should be released before the end of September. Waiting ... waiting ... waiting !!
I've Been Around

I hope its released by the start of October (or this week like AT&T?); bought my Focus two months ago because mango was coming (I choosed Rogers because they were the only one selling Focus). At least, its not like we can't change carrier if it's not released soon.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around