Mango update for Samsung Focus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Mango update for Samsung Focus

I was just wondering when can we expect the update to start rolling out. other carriers and manifactures announced Sept. 3rd.    I was hoping Rogers would follow suit.  Anyone had any info on it??

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Mango update for Samsung Focus

Current inside info from Microsoft say Sept 15 the update will start rolling out to customers via Zune.Joe Belfiore said beginning of Sept was just a rumour. I helped test the new Mango update and its worth the wait Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

I think i'm picking up the Samsung Focus tomorrow (if my local store is even open).  At $ 20 on a 3 year it seems like a good deal. And to get Mango on it would be even better!

I've Been Here Awhile

yeah it's pretty cheap right now... i've had mine since launch... it's a pretty decent phone... just waiting for mango to arrive

I Plan to Stick Around

You can, if you want, download it through unofficial channels. It works quite well and I can vouch for that but I'm fairly certain that the update will roll out this week.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes you can but you have to restore the nodo update before the official Mango update or You will not beable to get the offical update and it voids your warranty with samsung and rogers if something goes wrong with your phone. Make sure you back up your phone first.
I'm Here A Lot

I have a question about this.  

Do I have to update my Focus to Nodo before I get the Mango update?   Can I just skip to the Mango and not get Nodo?  

The reason for this is cause I use my focus on Fido and I've read that the Nodo update causes an annoying Triangle symbol to appear all the time on the top of the screen.  So i really don't want t get the Nodo update. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Never heard of the triangle symbol before but i updated to nodo and my phone worked fine. The zune software backs up your phone when it updates you to nodo. If you have any problems you can restore your phone back. You will have to update your phone to get the mango update. My phone is the samsung focus too....If you have any problems just leave me a message and i will try and help you out

I'm Here A Lot

yea, the triangle thing is only if your using the Focus with Fido.  Roger people wont have this problem.  Hopefully the Mango update will remove that triangle for fido users of the focus.

I Plan to Stick Around

It looks like Bell and Telus are now ready to roll out the Mango update.

Please Rogers, don't leave us hanging like you did with the My Account app and the NoDo update.

We early adopters have been waiting for Mango features for a long time.