Mandatory username change

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Mandatory username change

Hello @asakha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We would like the opportunity to take a deeper look into your MyRogers account and help you resolve the issue.

I’m going to send you both a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is it possible to send your private message to "Asakha1" instead... Somehow my "Asakha" account isn't accessible anymore even if I used it to send the original message...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For 3 days I have been trying to pay my bill online. First, the login screen goes to another one that asks you to confirm your email that you will now use as your username. Why? This screen disappears shortly, but if you do confirm, it says you're trying to login using crfedentials from another site.

Anyway, if you let it diappear, the next screen shows your balance & a pay now option. When I choose this, I get a screen that appears to be half loaded, and has no functions enabled. I took a screen shot, and would like to know if anyone else has this problem.trying to pay bill 11-29-2015.jpg

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Evening @scouternorm,

We have recently initiated the process of migrating our customers over from their legacy usernames on MyRogers to an email address, which is why you were prompted to change it when you logged in.

What type of browser were you using? I would suggest trying an alternate browser to see if you have the same issue.

If you could please log into your MyRogers and try to complete the migration to see if that resolves your issue of not being able to view your account details.

If it does not, please reach out to us via a private message @CommunityHelps and we can have a look at your account and see what is going on.

Hope this helps!

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I resisted switching to my email address  for signing in for a few days because it appeared optional. When I finally did change, a few things didn't work but they worked the next day.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

k here is a question i havent seen yet   WHY  does rogers want this to be changed...I would think that if it ant broke then why change it?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Good question. My email address is from my ISP from when Internet access became available in my city. If I changed ISPs, I'd lose that address. Unless you're registered with a Gmail or other independent address, you may not keep it forever. But your username does not depend on your email address. I never have seen a logical explanation from Rogers why they did this.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It's been a week now since I sent back my info from the private message, and still nothing...  No way to pay my bill, no way to see my internet usage...  It reminds me of when I first sign on with Rogers, a few years ago, when many client were completely unable to access Rogers's website !  At least, I can log in and post message here, it take only a few minutes...  No like online chat from Rogers, which after 1h30, 3 different persons, were all unable to solve anything and keep wanting to transfer me to someone else...

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good morning @Asakha1

I can certainly understand the inconveniences of not having access to your MyRogers profile.

As the Community is a public forum, we will continue to deal with your issue via private message.

RogersSannecia