Mandatory username change

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Mandatory username change

About the same problem here...  Except I don't have NHL GameCenter...  I've been asked to enter my email as my new login name since MyRogers change its system.  Took 2 days for the system to accept the email.  Then, next day, no account linked to the profile, been on live chat for 1h30, transfered too much for nothing.  No one is able to get it fix.  They even created a new profile, deleting the other one in the process...  And still unable to see my account since it's linked to another profile, probably the first one I had use for years before being asked to change my logon name...  But which is now unnaccessible.  It seems your system is broken...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Here is my advice, which I should have followed, but fell into the trap.

HOLD OFF CONFIRMING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS UNTIL ROGERS HAS FIGURED IT OUT.

I now find that I can no longer access Manage PVR from my Rogers On Demand page link. I can't sign in with my username anymore and when I sign in with my email address and password I get this:

notfound.jpg

The mandatory change from username to email address has really broken the system. Try to hold off as long as you can or resign yourself to losing a lot of functionality.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

An update to this saga.

I received an email from Rogers verifying my login was changed from my username to my email address:

11/21/2015
Hello,
Your My Rogers username was recently changed to: xxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx
If you have any questions or need help, please visit our website or contact us at your convenience.
11/21/2015
Bonjour,
Votre nom d'utilisateur Mon Rogers a été changé récemment pour : xxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx
Si vous avez des questions ou avez besoin d'aide, veuillez consulter notre site Internet ou communiquer avec nous au moment qui vous convient.

The "contact us" link didn't work because it was a web address (http://support@rogers.com) not an email address and when I sent an email to support@rogers.com it bounced because Rogers doesn't want to receive emails anymore.

Anyway, my Manage PVR bookmark is now working, but viewing my cable bill is still gone. @CommunityHelps

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

One thing I forgot to mention is that the mobile app also shows my account balance.  That's the most important thing to me because I paid my bill a couple of days ago, but couldn't see my account balance until today. The balance is zero, which is what I expected. As far as other things that I can't see right now, it's not an issue for me. My internet package has 550GB of data and I've never come anywhere near using it all up.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Finally can sign in, but still in the link account loop. I'm convinced it's looking for my old cable/internet account number plus whatever postal code I had way back before changing my account to wireless. I'm exchanging PM's here and think it's close to being resolved. I can sign in to all my Rogers services, but not Shomi. There's still something wrong there.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

It seems to be working for me okay now. Also, signing into the forum doesn't sign me into MyRogers instead like it sometimes used to do and vice versa. I now only have to sign into the forum once and don't have to go looking for it.

As for linking accounts, I have not done that yet for fear it does something I can't undo.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR

If you haven't done the link account thing yet, I'm surprised you're not stuck in the "loop". I'm getting a link request every time I sign in to My Rogers. Cancelling it does nothing but take me back to the same screen every time. I haven't been able to see my account on my computer for the past week since I changed my user ID. I can see my wireless details with the mobile app on my iPhone, plus my account balance. I cannot see my cable and internet details. The mobile app is also looking for another link which I tried and got the postal code error message.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jimboden I do have an option in MyRogers > Services to link my "Wireless or Cable Account" and my "Pay As You Go Account". The first needs Account Number and Postal Code and the second needs Phone Number and 4-digit PIN. I have taken neither of these steps because it says they're optional and I don't know precisely what it will do and whether it's reversible if I don't like it.

Currently, after signing in to MyRogers I sometimes get a popup to choose between my Cable and PayGo accounts, but not always.  When I get to BILLS & PAYMENTS, I see two different screens for Cable and PayGo, depending which account I've chosen from the popup, i.e., there are 4 different screens. I don't know what kind of loop you're talking about, but I have situations where I can't get to my PayGo history and just keep getting a screen to add to the account instead. In that case I sign out, then sign in again and choose my PayGo account from the popup.

The only other thing that's changed is the detailed Profile page is gone where you could set marketing permissions.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I finally managed to get out of the link account loop. I dug up a couple of old postal codes and one of them worked when I linked my old cable/internet account. After that, my account still shows my wireless account number and my current postal code, so there's definitiley something weird going on. Once I got past that, when I sign in, I get a bunch of vertical bars jumping up and down and they are doing nothing. The whole screen is flashing, including the options across the top of the screen. Even though I'm already logged in, I had to click several times on the My Rogers option at the top of the screen before my account details showed up. There's even a problem there as internet usage is not available. From there, I could not sign into the forum either. When I click on the Community link, it takes me to the forum, but I'm not signed and using the old profile trick didn't work either. When I click on sign in, it takes me back to the bouncing bars. I finally managed to sign in by using a separate URL for the forum, plus clicking on the link from one of the emails from the forum.

There sure are lots of strange things going on. I've notified the support person who's been PMing me about my latest findings.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Just a bit more from my last post. The sign in process from My Rogers is inconsistent. I just signed in here by clicking on reply first, then signing in to My Rogers, which took me to this thread.

The one thing I wanted to clarify, which I didn't notice initially, is that my former wireless account has been renamed to cable/internet. It still uses the shorter wireless account number that I've had for years.