Mandatory username change

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Mandatory username change

True.

Just did the change over.
Havent tested on mobile yet.

But have tested on the web logins for:

Smarthome

AnyplaceTV

Shomi
Forums/Myrogers

All work with the new email login, forum still has my name, etc.

Only thing with other is still Spotify.. but i think its more seperated and handles its own seperately.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I setup my account with my email address and am now getting nags to link my account info to my Rogers account. I assume this is because of the new user name. I tried the link and, just like the first time long ago, it's not accepting the link and telling me to try again later. Patience, patience. Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@hiho wrote:

went to login to My rogers and now am getting a thing where it needs to varify my email addy and that will be used as my username from now on....is this for real i have been using my current username for over 20yrs and now they want me to change it ?

not sure if this is for real or not since i havent seen any offical  email from rogers about this change? 

I saw that too and just assumed it was just one more of Rogers' bugs. I eventually managed to sign in with my username. However, signing in to the Community Forums this afternoon has been a pain, requiring half a dozen tries before it worked. If Rogers has changed something, they've kept it a secret, like most changes to the site.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Smiley Very Happy

i decided not to do the change found that i could keep loginning in with out doing it and now the last few times it has stopped asking me to do the change... so who knows maybe i can go another 20+yrs with my org usernameSmiley Tongue

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Hello @hiho

I can confirm that old 'legacy' usernames (non-email ones) are being phased out and users will be prompted to use their email address upon next login.

RogersDarrell

@RogersDarrell Please elaborate. Today I did see a strange sign-in screen asking for my email address instead of my username and just dismissed it as another Rogers bug. I eventually managed to sign in with my username but it took multiple attempts. If Rogers has changed something, why haven't all customers been notified of the change by email? I will continue to sign in using my username and password, as prompted by Firefox until I get an official notification from Rogers to do otherwise.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Fantastic Rogers, you've done it again!

Forced me to change my login username to my email after 10+ years. And then your system doesn't bring my wireless account over to the new login! Brilliant!

And now in my account, I keep getting your "Under Maintenance".

Step One - Fix the problem. Don't try to sweet talk your way out of this. Fix the problem.

Step Two - Fire the morons who manage your online system.

Step Three - Hire competent web programs. Don't farm it out to the lowest bidder.

Step Four - Stop trying to be fancy. Stop trying to make your site "site" and "awesome". Make it functional!

Day Two and counting of my inability to login to the system. You have the nerve to charge me $0.25 per text message, and then won't let me even review my online bill.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

If anyone has updated their legacy username to their email as prompted and are finding their accounts are not linked to their profile please reach out to us via PM with the following:

Legacy Username

Email Address

We may then further authenticate if other information is needed.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

This morning I was able to log in with my new user ID on my PC, but got this message which we've all seen many times before:

Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience! 

I did not get the linked accounts request today and don't know if I should be getting it after submitting it yesterday.

Yesterday, I used Rogers One Number and had to enter my new user ID, which worked fine. Today, I tried signing in to My Rogers on my iPhone and it recognized my new user ID, but I got the roughly same error message when it tried to access my account.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am guessing 1/2 of the problems can be linked to times when the site as a whole is having issues..

Even on a good day before this.. there were times i got into a login loop on the forums, etc... info not loading on myrogers, etc.

I did the change over yesterday.. while the site was ok (or at least it seems it was) and everything appeared to port over properly.. all accounts linked, logins work on all other sites, etc.

Doing the change maybe durring one of these 'bad' times, may cause some of the other issues 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree with @Gdkitty, half the time the site itself is malfunctioning. That is why yesterday I ignored the prompt to sign in with my email address instead of my username. This morning I signed in from an email link, again with my username, and had no problem. When I used a bookmark to access my PayGo history, I again signed in with my username and it worked.

Rogers, if you want us to switch to signing in with our email addresses, please get all our accounts linked to the address and then notify us by email to make the switch.