cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Add-Ons

mariahachie
I've Been Here Awhile

1. I recently added the $5 North American Long Distance Preferred Rate Add-on to my Pay-As-You Go plan and I was under the impression that incoming calls would be $0.10/min, but it seems that is not the case. For a 20 minute call, I was charged $6.50 (thought it would be $2), but I cannot figure out how this was calculated.

2. I removed the add-on before the month was over because I do not want to have it next month. However, I do not know if I will be charged the "non-add-on" rate for the rest of the month. So, what rate will I be expected to pay for calls for the rest of the month?

Please explain the situation to me.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Managing Add-Ons

RogersMaude

Good evening @mariahachie ,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums & Thank you for your contribution! Woman Wink

It would be my pleasure to provide you with information on the billing system for our Pay-As-You-Go customers.

I can totally understand that it might be confusing at times.

• If you make a receive local calls, you are using the monthly/yearly allowance that is part of your plan before being billed a certain rate per minute.
  • When you receive a call and you are outside of your local calling area, or if you place a long distance call, you get charged an additional rate that is billed per minute. *In this case, with the $5 add-on, it would be $0.10/min.
  • Some plans include unlimited evenings and weekends, or a certain amount of minutes per month or per year. Once that allowance is used up, you get charged a standard fee per minute that is generated on top of your long distance rate.

I am under the impression, that in this situation, not only were you charged the $0.10 /minute for the long distance rate (with add-on), but the airtime rate per minute.

I am providing you this general information, to help you understand how the charges are generated. However, I am not aware of the details of the plan that you are on. Your plan would have an impact, on the rates billed per minute, for local and long distance calls (the rate might be different for local vs. long distance).

The $5 add-on normally covers a 30-day period. If you removed that feature before the end of the 30 day timeframe, you will not get credited back as it was already deducted from your Pay-As-You-Go balance.

Let us know if you require further assistance in regards to this situation.

I can have our @CommunityHelps  team reach out, so we can look into this for you.

Hope this helps! Woman LOL

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMaude

Good evening @mariahachie ,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums & Thank you for your contribution! Woman Wink

It would be my pleasure to provide you with information on the billing system for our Pay-As-You-Go customers.

I can totally understand that it might be confusing at times.

• If you make a receive local calls, you are using the monthly/yearly allowance that is part of your plan before being billed a certain rate per minute.
  • When you receive a call and you are outside of your local calling area, or if you place a long distance call, you get charged an additional rate that is billed per minute. *In this case, with the $5 add-on, it would be $0.10/min.
  • Some plans include unlimited evenings and weekends, or a certain amount of minutes per month or per year. Once that allowance is used up, you get charged a standard fee per minute that is generated on top of your long distance rate.

I am under the impression, that in this situation, not only were you charged the $0.10 /minute for the long distance rate (with add-on), but the airtime rate per minute.

I am providing you this general information, to help you understand how the charges are generated. However, I am not aware of the details of the plan that you are on. Your plan would have an impact, on the rates billed per minute, for local and long distance calls (the rate might be different for local vs. long distance).

The $5 add-on normally covers a 30-day period. If you removed that feature before the end of the 30 day timeframe, you will not get credited back as it was already deducted from your Pay-As-You-Go balance.

Let us know if you require further assistance in regards to this situation.

I can have our @CommunityHelps  team reach out, so we can look into this for you.

Hope this helps! Woman LOL

RogersMaude

mariahachie
I've Been Here Awhile

As a Pay-As-You-Go customer for over 7 years, I find these charges highly unreasonable. I understand that I will not be credited the $5 add-on fee, but I just wanted to make sure that I would not have to pay more than $0.10/min for long distance calls (for the rest of this month) after cancelling it. I would like further assistance please.

Hello again @mariahachie ,

I am sorry you are feeling this way Smiley Embarassed

I am confident we will have the ability to rectify this situation.

I will have our @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via Private Message so we can try and help you resolve this.

Look out for the message in your inbox !

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation