Major Speed issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Major Speed issues

I live in NB. I have never before had an issue with my internet. I work from home and for the last 5 days I have been having major speed issues. Rogers support tells me that its not only affecting me and its part of a larger issue. The tech said they need to work on re-routing. That's all fine but he couldn't give me an ETA and I am afraid my employor is going to get fed up if this drags on for much longer. The tech couldnt give me an ETR? I find it unusual to be left hanging like this and not very comforting to say the least.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Major Speed issues

If you have FB or twitter, you can try contacting them that way... sometimes the social team there can look a little deeper into things that regular guys ove the phone... see if they can find anything else out for you.

At least you may have something in 'writing' as an aswer, which you can pass onto your company?  Its not like its your fault.

As well as a regular job, I run a computer setup/repair company..

Personally, this is why i recomend for any business that RELYS on an internet connection 100% for work, to always have backup..
(a rockethub, etc)..... but i understand that finacially thats not always an option.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They may not have an ETA to give.. they may not know how long it will take to fix it.

Many companies, unless you have a specific SLA with them (which no regular internet provider will have, usually only higher end business connections, where you are paying ALOT more)... will not give an ETA..... even if just for the reason, that if they say "Should hopefully take 4 hours" and then it takes LONGER, people will compain even more that it didnt take the 4 hours they said it would.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My concern is that it isn't resolved for weeks. Its been 5 days already. I have no idea what to tell my company.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have FB or twitter, you can try contacting them that way... sometimes the social team there can look a little deeper into things that regular guys ove the phone... see if they can find anything else out for you.

At least you may have something in 'writing' as an aswer, which you can pass onto your company?  Its not like its your fault.

As well as a regular job, I run a computer setup/repair company..

Personally, this is why i recomend for any business that RELYS on an internet connection 100% for work, to always have backup..
(a rockethub, etc)..... but i understand that finacially thats not always an option.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having major speed issues as of this morning in Toronto. Called them and of course they know nothing about it. Some websites are reporting a lot of users having issues.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Maybe I will try FB... Thanks for the suggestion!
I Plan to Stick Around

occasional issues are common when a company has such a tremendous number of subscribers; in case of sata though I would call again and ask to escalate; I’m sure Rogers technicians will reprioritize the queue if a customer’s job depends on it
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May be routing for specific areas, etc..

North of Toronto, seems fine (remote connected home, full speed test, etc all fine)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Is 11 hops normal just to get to google.ca? Seems like a lot.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, that can be fairly normal.  I have the same results at home (and this is even using the GOOGLE DNS servers, not rogers)

hops 1-4 are rogers.. then from there the rest are pretty much within google network. 
Remember, google.ca, while a canadian domain name, is still hosted in the US, so jumps across things to get down there.