Mail Problems?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Mail Problems?

Are there problems with the Rogers mail servers today?

My wife cannot SEND mail using Microsoft Live. She has had mail in her Outbox since this morning. 

So I tried using Microsoft Outlook on my machine. Also tried it on Metro mail app. Cannot send.

2 different versions of Windows ( 7 & 8.1), 3 different mail programs and 2 different accounts BUT can't send mail.

No problems using Rogers webmail.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Mail Problems?

This may not fix it.. but worth a shot.

Try loging into the WEBMAIL one time with your email/password.

Ocassionally, i have seen that the account will LOCK sometimes say if someone tries to break into your email, etc, it does a kind of account lock, until you log in properly again.
While locks, sometimes causes issues with external connection through POP, etc.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

One minute after posting the above email on BOTH machines working again.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried to look around, and saw nothing that was current about this issue ...

I have 3 Rogers e-mail accounts, and access all of them in Windows Live Mail on my home PC (Windows 7).  Suddenly today, I get an error when trying to send anything, but can receive e-mails fine.  I've tried to send from all 3 accounts, and get the following error each time:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp.broadband.rogers.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

I've checked all my settings and they jive with what Rogers recommends, besides I haven't changed them and yesterday they worked fine ... so, wondering if there's an issue with the Rogers mail servers???  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This may not fix it.. but worth a shot.

Try loging into the WEBMAIL one time with your email/password.

Ocassionally, i have seen that the account will LOCK sometimes say if someone tries to break into your email, etc, it does a kind of account lock, until you log in properly again.
While locks, sometimes causes issues with external connection through POP, etc.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello @licorice1969 , Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!:smileyhappy:

As indicated by @Gdkitty , please try to login to webmail while Live mail is not running. Please sign-out from webmail and try Live mail, it should work.

If you have forgot your email password(s) or it’s still not working let us know, I can have someone reach out to you in Private Message and help resolve the issue.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I followed the instructions and logged into webmail under all 3 accounts, and the issue with Windows Live Mail has been solved. Thanks very much for your help!
Highlighted

Thank you on behalf of @Gdkitty and the community for letting us know that it worked.Smiley Happy

Thanks,

RogersMoin