Magic Jack Q?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Magic Jack Q?

Anyone have any experience with using a magic jack plus on rogers rocket hub?

*** Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Re: Magic Jack Q?

I have used the magic jack on my netcomm router with success.. I have home phone too , and OFTEN people think Im calling from inside a CAN.! Very tinny and echo..that is the ROGERS service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try Skype first, 3 months anywhere in North America for $8... yes you have to use a mic and headset, but if this works for you then using a magic jack shouldn't be an issue. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I did some searching on the net as to how much bandwidth would be used when using a MagicJack device.   It appears that the device will burn 1 GB for 64 minutes of talk time.   I use the phone service attached to the rocket hub and we use in the area of 1000 minutes each month.  That usage converts to 15.6 GB of bandwidth by using a Magicjack.   I use internet up to almost 10GB each month so the Magicjack bandwidth would become an overage charge and amount to an extra $78 just to use the phone.    This does not make using a Magicjack a feasable option let alone any other voip device or software.   

I'm an Advisor

@eddy:

interesting statistics and nice analysis.  Thanks for the information!

Your posting should highlight why one would not want to do Internet-based telephone activities on a RocketHub.  The economics just don't make sense.

skinorth