Mad About Online Live Chat and Rogers Customer Service in General

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Mad About Online Live Chat and Rogers Customer Service in General

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6SiE2WMmzeLR21sdXpvNnBfanc/edit?usp=sharing

The above link is the screenshot of the online live conversation I just had with Rogers, and the girl just "transferred" me to another representative while I was writing. And I had quotation marks for "transferred" because it was actually not transferred. I was stuck on that status for more than 5 minutes, so she basically just hung up on me. I knew rogers was bad, but I didn't know customer service was this bad. And if you read the conversation, I don't believe what I said is wrong. I hate rogers now. One month ago, they were calling me every few days so that I can keep their service, and wanted to move on to Teksavvy, but gave rogers one more change, and I am definitely done with rogers customer service. This live chat issue happend a long time ago when I tried last time as well. And also, once, when I called, there was an error with billing, and I was arguing and it clearly made sense that they were wrong, but that guy just told me he has to transfer me to another representatives, and I said fine. Then I was waiting on the line for more than 45 minutes, and nothing. I hate rogers, and I will convince all my friends, relatives, and everyone I know to switch to Teksavvy, or anything better than rogers, which is everything. because I even saw a news that Rogers is the NO. 1 most throttling internet service in the WORLD. Just search for it on google.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Mad About Online Live Chat and Rogers Customer Service in General

Rogers USED to throttle their internet, specificaly for torrents, etc.  You may find alot on the net about it.. but its VERY old info.
They far from do it anymore... just yesteryday i was able to get almost 6.5mbps on a torrent, etc.. you were lucky to get 1mbps when they were throttling.

I do agree though.. their CS often leaves something to be desired.. While i generally have good experiences with them.. i am stern with them about details and getting stuff.. that makes sure things get done.  But many people do have very bad experiences with them.
This goes for more than just rogers, etc.. whenever you call into ANY service provider, gas, electric, etc.. and go to make changes, etc..  ALWAYS get a transaction number, ticket number, etc.  This usually guarantees that they put something in the account and that you have a reference point to it.

I would completely understand if you left  though.

**edited for content**

I'm an Advisor

I agree with Gdkitty about throttling internet speeds. I have the Extreme Plus service and consistently get speeds up to around 6mb/s. That's megabytes, not megabits, per second. I downloaded a 25GB game package from the Playstation Network a few days ago and it took about 1 hour, which I thought was very impressive. Also, I sometimes have large downloads from Steam, which run even faster than the Playstation Network.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

For some "reason", it seems that taking back your $2 for paper invoice cannot be done on the self serve / webpage account.

So, calling them it's the only way to do it, but only if you get lucky and get to a honest CSR. It seems that the $2 charge for "paper invoice" it's a verry important matter with Rogers. I'm wondering if it's legal in Canada to have to opt out of this $2 bill charge, or if the charge itself it's legal???

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is a spot on the self serve section to change it for the billling.. but it doesnt seem to work for most people 😞

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just about all service providers charge  for a paper fee!  Rogers isn't the only one, but they are one of the last ones to charge for.  I hate it just as much as the next person, but it does seem to be the way things are done now.  

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @

I'd like to invite you to read or blog post from Thursday: http://roge.rs/1xb8aZH. We can hapilly announce to you that there is no longer a paper invoice fee 🙂 You may also choose to use our online systems, whichever you prefer!

Have a good day,

Amanda