Mac mail issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mac mail issues

Hello,

I have been using MAc mail as my client for some time now. All has been great. No issues with connection etc. until a recent server switch by my company has my mail not working.

It was simply supposed to be a server name change. The rest of the employees who also run Macs did this and are up and running.

I do it, and BOOM. Nothing.

What's strange, is I also have it on my iPhone...works fine when I turn wifi off. Once I turn it back on, it can't connect.

Everything else works fine. I have multiple accounts, multiple computers connected and Xbox etc.

My internet account is the Hybrid Fibre 150 so speed shouldn't be the issue although that's not working up to par either.

(Already did a separate post on that issue)

Anything strange with certificates or server drops? I do believe when I watch the connection trying to load, it says rogers is not accepted??

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Mac mail issues

All that was changed was a server name?
No ports or anything else?

Are you able to PING the new server name?  Does it respond.

My GUESS.. is that the rogers DNS server, may not have the updated information for that name.. and have no where to route it too?

If you are able to get the exact IP address that that name points to, you could try that.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation