MY5 - How do you change one of your phone numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

MY5 - How do you change one of your phone numbers

I realize this sounds very simple ... but how do I change a number on MY5???   I sign in to "MY Rogers", click on "update MY5" and there are my MY5  numbers.  The instructions say "click on a number below".   Well I've tried and tried clicking ... I've clicked everywhere and everyway I can think of.  I am unable to highlight, delete or change any of my MY5 numbers.  Is this like a secret society's handshake ... or Is there some magical spell I must cast first?????  OR ... do I have to wait until the end of the month????

jj

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: MY5 - How do you change one of your phone numbers

If you changed it once already then you have to wait till the end of the month to change it. If not then you need to call Rogers & talk to them.

". One MY10 update per calendar month is allowed via Rogers.com Web site and/or via Rogers customer service group. No credit will be applied for entered non valid numbers. Long distance, text to landline and roaming will be charged when applicable."

This is from full Details i got from mine. The same rule applies for the my5.

I also just checked it as well & i am not able to change a number on my either. I have not changed a number for about 3 months now. Well i will be calling rogers to figure what is going on.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just checked mine, it seems to be fine. To the right of each phone number, are 2 icons... A piece of paper with a pen, and a trash can. They are "edit" and "remove" respectively. You should see the "edit" and "remove" if you hover your mouse over the icons.

Can you see those 2 icons, or are you missing them?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks people.  From the two repies I received I assume that you cannot change your "My 5" or "My10" until the end of the "month".  Now I will just have to figure out what the definition of "month" is.  Will that be the end of the calendar month or will that be the 6th, which is a month after they were entered?  That will be easy to figure out now that I know the screen won't respond until that date.

When I go to MY5 the screen is not interactive and there are no icons (trash can or pen) after any of the numbers. 

Would it have been so difficult for the "techies" responsible to put a little explanation on all MY5 or MY10 pages explaining when you can change your numbers ...AND THAT THE SCREEN IS NON-RESPONSIVE UNTIL THAT DATE.

Thanks again

jj

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I would suggest since you can not see the icons call rogers. They can add or remove people from your my5 or my10 from what i remember. Tell them that you can not change or add any new numbers & they might help you more.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I like the plan I have even though there are new ones. I have the my5 which is perfect for me, however with the new updates to the website, I can't find how to change one of he numbers.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

You should be able to go under your wireless number and look at the plan. The my5 should be at the bottom right of your plan listing under features. There you can click the "Link" to update your My5.

You're right, it is an old plan and useful if that's all you need. I am telling you this out of memory, since I don't have it any longer but that's where it used to be (can't check myself anymore).

Make sure you select your wireless number under product/services. Thats where it should be.

Hope this helps. Other alternative is to call customer service and have them update it but I believe there is a fee involved.