MS Outlook 2013

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

MS Outlook 2013

I have a new laptop using Windows 8. I plan to buy Outlook 2013 to manage my email. I spend a lot of time in the road.

Is there an online guide to show me how to configure Outlook so I can access and sync my email on Outlook from anywhere in N. America?

I've tried Yahoo mail and found it doesn't have all the features I need. Thnx.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: MS Outlook 2013

There are many which use outlook for their email with rogers.

Now, one thing to remember... the roger email, is NOT like connecting outlook to an exchange server, etc, like someone would at work.  There is limitations on how one can SYNC stuff with the server,etc. (IE, your contacts, calendar, etc).

Many people will set up with a PoP/SMTP based setup (for sending/receiving), which does work fine.  But this can sometimes run into issues on SENDING while not on rogers internet, etc sometimes.

IN the end, i would reccomend maybe using the IMAP connection to the email, may provide a little better connectivity while elsewhere.

You would be using the YAHOO imap server (as there is not a rogers specific one), but it will still fully access the rogers email accounts.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Google Outlook 2013. There's tons of stuff you can look at, including this one: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/support/outlook-2013-quick-start-guide-HA103673692.aspx

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are many which use outlook for their email with rogers.

Now, one thing to remember... the roger email, is NOT like connecting outlook to an exchange server, etc, like someone would at work.  There is limitations on how one can SYNC stuff with the server,etc. (IE, your contacts, calendar, etc).

Many people will set up with a PoP/SMTP based setup (for sending/receiving), which does work fine.  But this can sometimes run into issues on SENDING while not on rogers internet, etc sometimes.

IN the end, i would reccomend maybe using the IMAP connection to the email, may provide a little better connectivity while elsewhere.

You would be using the YAHOO imap server (as there is not a rogers specific one), but it will still fully access the rogers email accounts.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How to sync outlook to rogers email

Hello,

Wanted to know how to sync my outlook to my rogers account, I have tried many things and went on the Microsoft forum but no one seems to be able to help.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Set it up as an IMAP account.

IMAP server name: imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP server name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

username: you@rogers.com

Make sure to specify that your outgoing server requires authentication.

Finally, in the advanced settings, turn on SSL, and use port 993 for IMAP, 465 for SMTP.