MMS for Nokia 520

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

MMS for Nokia 520

Hi,

I just purchased a Nokia 520 and I am unable to send/receive picture messaging. I use Wi-Fi in my house and do not have a data plan. Is there a way to configure the MMS apn in order to use MMS when I'm connected to WiFi?

Thanks for your help in advance!

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: MMS for Nokia 520

Hello sabmo

Unfortunately the only way u can have MMS working is via a carriers data plan. WiFi doesn't help or is needed unless u download a app which will send MMA via WiFi.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your answer. Do you know the name of an app that would be capable of doing that?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sabmo

WhatsApp, BBM, Viper. Any one of those will do. Plus more.
I Plan to Stick Around

sabmo,

Please note that the applications Meowmix mentioned won't allow you to send MMS to other smartphones.

They can send an MMS equivalent to other people using the same app as you.

Aside from having a data plan, there is no easy way to send "real MMS" to other smartphones.

Finally, there a typo in his reply and you should read "'Viber", not Viper.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TheCyberKnight

If your smartphone has WiFi ( which all smartphone have WiFi on them). You can download a application and use that to send MMS when connected to WiFi. The other person must have the same app as well though. Other than that u need a data plan in order to use MMS and u need to input the proper MMS APN as well.

Yes it was a a typo... Meant to say Viber.
I Plan to Stick Around

MeowMix,

For clarification, they are technically not MMS if we speak at the phone carrier level. This is why I used the term "MMS equivalent", that is a short message containing media material.

The person wanted to know if it was possible to send real MMS to another phone (at the carrier level) and the answer is NO, whatever the third-party application you use without a data plan. All these apps send MMS equivalent messages to an endpoint running the same app.

Thanks for the reply. Have a nice day.