MF668A does not work...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

MF668A does not work...

Hi,

I have just bought a ZTE modem, MF668A from China.

When I put my pay as you go SIM card in it, it will only turn green and stick on EDGE but no blue (3G).

Anybody experienced this issue?

I have no problem to use 3G with my SIM in Android devices but I do not know why it does not work with this ZTE modem.

Does anybody know which firmware Rogers currently uses with MF668A ? Mine's firmware is BD_MF668AV1.0.0B04.

Many thanks for any suggestions or comments!

***Edited labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: MF668A does not work...

Is any member of the community able to help virgil out with there grey market device?

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Darrell for your message!

I made tons of tests with this card. The main problem is that it is not able to switch into 850/1900MHz band. It goes on the 2G band and connects perfectly in EDGE mode but I need it to go in 3G.

I do not think the datacard is broken  because I actually have two of them and both behave the same way. I am  looking for a firmware of Rogers that I could install on the card.

When running modem commands, I got this:

AT+COPS=?
+COPS: (2,"CAN Rogers Wireless Inc.","ROGERS","302720",0),

Again the zero at the end means 2G, not 3G... Hopefully somebody will provide a  firmware.

Many thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you should first check if your grey market mf668a supports the correct frequencies for rogers 3G network.  note: a lot of grey market devices that come from other parts of the world, contain 3g frequencies that are made for the rest of the world,  so they typicaly dont contain the 3g bands for canada and usa.   that is why manufacturers make a "b" variant of their devices,  its a mix of hard ware and soft ware differences on their device to make it work in north america.   you should take a look at the specs and see if it works  we know your sim will work in a 3g phone cus u tried it, so the rogers network is not the problem, and since its a non-rogers device, the onice is on you to solve this.  hope tihs helps and best of luck