Lumia Cyan firmware now available for Rogers 920 DPP users

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia Cyan firmware now available for Rogers 920 DPP users

If you participate in the Developer Preview program and have been waiting for Microsoft to fix the Cyan/BitLocker issue, you can now download Cyan on your Rogers-branded Lumia 920.

Note that Cyan seems to add the Facebook app, and several Bing (now MSN) apps such as Health, Travel and Food & Drink. You can still uninstall them just like any other app though.

For some reason, I was also asked to reinstall those post Update 1 updates that came out last week. Keep checking for updates until none remain!

***Edited Labels.***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Lumia Cyan firmware now available for Rogers 920 DPP users

Has any other Community member participated in this Developer Preview program?

I'd like to hear any interesting feedback.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Darrell, I can offer some more insight into my experience.

I was suffering really bad battery life when I updated to WP8.1 Update 1 via the Developer Preview Program. But that was because I was still on the Black firmware. Now that I'm the Cyan firmware, this issue has disappeared for me. Personally, I think the DPP is an excellent program as it allows us to get updates from Microsoft in areas of the phone that does not affect the network. I definitely understand why firmware isn't part of the deal. That needs to be tested and customized to better work on a carrier's network! I certainly wouldn't want to be running beta firmware anyway.

And on a side note, I continue to enjoy that Rogers does not turn off Windows Phone features or remove language packs. Having spoken with many users from across North America, Asia, and Europe, I've noticed a lot of 920 users will flash their phones with the Rogers ROM because it is the most permissive in the world. To this day, I still can't find another Windows Phone with static IP support because it seems Rogers is the only one who has turned this feature on via the customization options Microsoft offers to its partners.

So please, continue this customization path and I'll keep buying Rogers phones!

I Plan to Stick Around

I am in the DP with Cyan on my 920 and 1520. I'm actually studying on being a developer for Windows Phone and Modern Design. I do have some ideas for Windows Phone, but it's on Hiatus since I'm currently working less than 24 hours a week so I'm focusing on searching a 2nd job right now (applied to Rogers in Gatineau and downtown Ottawa, hope I get an answer Smiley Tongue)

But yeah my experience with DP has been wonderful, I only had a small camera problem with the Black firmware but Cyan fixed it. The camera would sometimes crash and I would need to do a soft-reset to fix it.
Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.