Lumia 920

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 920

Nooooo why only black!? I wanted a yellow one...

Canadians deserve colour too. 😧

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yup its official. Once again Rogers has exclusive rights to the Lumia 920. The sells wont be good tho. People wont buy it locked to Rogers. Nokia dropped the ball on this one. They should have made it for everyone. I guess money is money right?

Anyways happy to see it come but i wont more colors then just black :/.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so I have ONE question.  Are there three different versions of this phone now?  Since I don't really want black I was considering buying from the Nokia store in Finland anyway.

From Nokia.ca

Operating Frequency Bands

• LTE 700
  • LTE 1900

Meanwhile on Nokia.com for the US I see...

Operating Frequency Frequency bands

• LTE 700
  • LTE 850
  • LTE 1700
  • LTE 1900
  • LTE 2100

And Nokia.fi

Käyttötaajuus Taajuusalueet

• LTE 700
  • LTE 800
  • LTE 850
  • LTE 900
  • LTE 1700
  • LTE 1800
  • LTE 1900
  • LTE 2100
  • LTE 2600

I Plan to Stick Around

By launch if news of different colours doesn't come, I think I'm gone. Rogers is too annoying (being nice with my words). They couldn't even get red, which is their company colour?? Pathetic. They have no idea what makes this phone special. The variety of colours is one of the best ways to market these phones.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I will not be buying a black 920 through Rogers. I'll either hold onto my Focus until more options open up, or buy it elsewhere unlocked, the colour options are the biggest point on this phone and Rogers has screwed that up.

I Plan to Stick Around

They really need to think about what they are doing. Funny, on Nokia Canada's website they removed the specs page, when it comes back I hope there are more colours.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

& here we have it folks. Rogers will ONLY carry the black Lumia 920. Here is is:

"Update: We’ve heard back from Nokia about the colour(s) of the Lumia 920 coming to Canada. Nokia stated in an email to us that “Rogers will be carrying the black Lumia 920 only.” No word on when/if the other shades will arrive."

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/05/rogers-to-exclusively-launch-the-nokia-lumia-920-in-november/#comm...

Sad to say i will be passing the Lumia 920. I want color NOT just black. I LOVE the phone but Rogers & Nokia once again dropped the ball on their customers. Sad to say but i am starting to not like Rogers & Nokia all together.

I Plan to Stick Around

There is no way, I repeat, no way that Rogers could be as stupid the second time around and not offer a bunch of different Lumia colors. Could they?.... They would have gotten my money on day one for a Cyan 900 (I'm happy you guys where so incompetent, it saved me some $$$) this time around I know WP8 will be around for the foreseeable future so I'm finally looking to upgrade my 2 year old WP device. If Rogers screws up the color selections again with the Lumia, I will import a phone from AT&T (It should work right?).

HEY ROGERS DON'T SCREW THIS UP! (sadly I know nobody is listening)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Read my post above yours, you will see NOKIA said that Rogers will ONLY get the black 920. I will be passing on the phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I noticed your post after I saved mine.

I can't believe that these guys would be soo stuipid! If you can only get 1 phone, get the dam Cyan!

The phone is too good to pass up on, sadly I will have to import mine.

Get in the friggin game Rogers! Right now you guys are out to lunch on Windows Phone!