Lumia 920

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stokd
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 920

Absolutely. The only thing I'm not satisfied with Rogers with is their rural coverage, which is where I need it to be with Telus. Plus according to the upgrade page their pricing is awful, I've been stuck with an iPhone 4 on my account (died last year, been using a Samsung Focus a friend gave me) and says any upgrade at this point has an early upgrade fee (I thought smartphones were every 2 years? I've passed that threshold) and is going to cost just as much to buy a phone outright. That said, I really want the 920 but am not renewing my contract to get one. If Telus does get it before Rogers, I'm gone. The 920 looks unreal though.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Stokd. Rogers changed the hardware upgrade policy to 36 months now. So you will be eligible for upgrade without paying any upgrade fees once you are done your contact. This was done in Jan 2012.

I really doubt Telus will get it. Remember Rogers got the Lumia 900. Most likely Rogers will get the 920 as well seeing as Rogers gets the most high end Windows phones that Nokia / Samsung will / Has released. It seems Rogers may be getting it as a exclusive deal. I really hope its not exclusive to Rogers tho. I would like to see the 920 sold on different carriers at the same time. Not many bought the Lumia 900 because it was exclusive to Rogers & with Rogers bloatware on it.
( Yes i know the Lumia 900 was sold out in the start but all Rogers stores got around 10 device a week from the warehouse. This was confirmed by 6 stores i called every week & also a person i know at my local Rogers plus store.)

That being said. I will wait & see when Nokia decides to tell us which countries will get it & if Rogers gets it, i will most likely get it. Its to bad that Nokia did not say which countries & how much it will cost when they revealed it. That is something which they should have done.

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

Count me in as one of those who will buy the Lumia 920 day one it becomes available to Rogers...

If anything, Telus will probably get the 820 and Rogers the 920.

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

@Entegy wrote:

Count me in as one of those who will buy the Lumia 920 day one it becomes available to Rogers...

If anything, Telus will probably get the 820 and Rogers the 920.

+1 -- and if Rogers doesn't get it, I'll prolly get one from AT&T and unlock it to run on Rogers...

🙂 maybe it'll even have Name Display working 🙂

/drt
ivancho72
I've Been Around

Count me in as well for the Lumia 920..... Please Rogers bring it UP!!!

Polar
I Plan to Stick Around

Some of the Countries where it will be sold and release dates for the 920

vivekvp
I Plan to Stick Around

I would love to get the Lumia 920, but have one year left on my contract. And I don't want to wait 1 year on my N8, which means I buy it elsewhere....
I am also very concerned as Rogers abandonded the N8 (Belle update), will they do the same for the Windows phone if they do not remain popular....

lester007
I'm Here A Lot

i want rogers get lumia 920 xD  

my nokia n8 has upgraded to belle refresh OTA. and i have a year and half before contract expires. i want to upgrade my phone!! xD

SCHUEY
I Plan to Stick Around

Well AT&T has offically announced the 920. Your turn Rogers. And this time I hope you have more than black for colours.

Froid
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it's been announced as exclusive to Rogers now.

Amusingly I can see the 920 on Nokia.ca using my Nokia but with my PC it still shows the 900 as the headliner.  haha. 

Took me a bit of clicking but found it...

http://www.nokia.com/ca-en/products/phone/lumia920/

And of course... ONLY black.