Lumia 920

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia 920

Does anyone know yet if Rogers will get the new Lumia 920?  and if so, is there a chance of Rogers offering any sort of upgrade program for Lumia 900 users as rumoured that AT&T might be doing??

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lumia 920

Nokia has not announced which countries the Nokia Lumia 920 will be offered in. So we really can not say if it will come here or not. Even if Nokia Canada says it will, Rogers will not say when until they announce it them selfs. This is something that most likely will be a exclusive device IF Rogers or any carrier gets it. Hopefully it won't be.

Those ATT rumors are just Rumors. They are most likely not real seeing as most Rumors never come true. If it is real tho, Rogers MAY offer that but like i said, wait until Rogers announces that they will carry it & then we can comment more. Until then we just have to wait. We can not post Rumors on here either.

This is what Nokia Canada sent to MobileSyrup.

" We’ve heard back from Nokia Canada about the release of these WP8 devices and they’ve stated that “Nokia doesn’t comment on future launches so we have no information to share on Canadian availability.” In addition, they also confirmed that “Both phones will be available in global pentaband LTE and HSPA+ variants and are expected to start shipping in select markets later in the year. Nokia will announce pricing and specific roll-out dates country by country when sales are due to begin.” – IH"

Source:  http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/09/05/nokia-lumia-920-and-820-coming-in-q4-in-select-focused-markets/

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

Nokia has not announced which countries the Nokia Lumia 920 will be offered in. So we really can not say if it will come here or not. Even if Nokia Canada says it will, Rogers will not say when until they announce it them selfs. This is something that most likely will be a exclusive device IF Rogers or any carrier gets it. Hopefully it won't be.

Those ATT rumors are just Rumors. They are most likely not real seeing as most Rumors never come true. If it is real tho, Rogers MAY offer that but like i said, wait until Rogers announces that they will carry it & then we can comment more. Until then we just have to wait. We can not post Rumors on here either.

This is what Nokia Canada sent to MobileSyrup.

" We’ve heard back from Nokia Canada about the release of these WP8 devices and they’ve stated that “Nokia doesn’t comment on future launches so we have no information to share on Canadian availability.” In addition, they also confirmed that “Both phones will be available in global pentaband LTE and HSPA+ variants and are expected to start shipping in select markets later in the year. Nokia will announce pricing and specific roll-out dates country by country when sales are due to begin.” – IH"

Source:  http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/09/05/nokia-lumia-920-and-820-coming-in-q4-in-select-focused-markets/

Thank you!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

It would have been nice just to get more Windows Phones. Current selection is minimal. Would love to see recently announced Windows Phone 8 devices, such as Nokia Lumia 920 and Samsung Note II offered through Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is not a windows phone.. Its a Android phone. I do agree tho that we need more Windows phones out there. Hopefully like i said, Rogers picks this one up.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you read the article you will see this

"T his is just the first in a big lineup of new hardware that’s coming with Windows Phone 8, but it’s a seriously impressive opening salvo,” wrote Microsoft executive Ben Rudolph on a company blog showing off the new phone, called the ATIV S."

Its called Ativ S. Not Galaxy Note 2.

Source: http://www.samsung.com/global/ativ/mobile/ativ_s.html

Source for Galaxy note 2 : http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note2/mobile/index.html?type=find

See the difference? ATIV s is a windows phone and Galaxy Note 2 is a Android phone.

Thanks for clarification!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm pretty confident that Rogers will get the 920, based on the fact they offer the 900, and I will be one of the first to upgrade my phone and my wife's phone the day it's available (unless HTC unveils a phone next week that blows away the 920 and Rogers offers that phone as well).

I would, however, like to see Rogers push the WP platform a little more.

I Plan to Stick Around

Pretty sure I'm down for a 920 if Rogers gets it. I hope they have different colours at launch this time. Red seems like a no brainer for Rogers.

If Telus gets the 920, I'm gone.