Lumia 920 Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia 920 Update?

Tomorrow the Lumia 920 will updated with AT&T. This update includes features such as keeping WiFi live at all times as well as numerous bug fixes. Also included in this update is improvements to the camera to make daylight images sharper.

Hopefully Rogers will push this update ASAP

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 920 Update?

I think you might be giving Rogers too much credit. So far Rogers has not shown it cares about Windows Phone, at all.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hello SCHUEY

As you may know, Rogers will ONLY give us info on the " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread. This is the ONLY info we will get unless they also announce it on Facebook and Twitter. Rogers has not said anything about a update yet. I doubt they will give us the update anytime soon. Remember, the Lumia 900 got a update 1-3 months AFTER AT&T sent out their update last year after launch.

Rogers is known to take months to update their phones. So I give it a month or so for it.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there some logistical process I'm missing?  Why are the time frames so different for Updates between the US and Canada?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Marchorwin

This is because Rogers tends to take more time adding their bloatware and make sure the phone works properly on the network. They also take their time to update the phones. This is a known issues with Rogers. Every single phone Rogers has they take their time to update it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Downloading the update now! Nice work by Rogers and Nokia 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Good to hear! I guesd Nokia told them to release it as soon as possible because of the issues and fixes they have.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Guess I was wrong on this one, perhaps Nokia/Microsoft exerted some pressure on Rogers? Happily downloading the update now.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It could be any major fixes that Nokia has, carriers will have to release them when Nokia says. It could be that Nokia is pressuring them to do it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So people know how it goes:

After the carrier (Rogers) has approved the update, Microsoft themselves throttle the update in case any major problems arise and they can pull the update. So not everyone gets the update at once.

If you want to be an early adopter of the update, you can override the throttling by manually checking for updates in Settings>phone update.

And yes, Rogers got the update out nice and fast. The new reject call with SMS feature is great.

There are also a bunch of updates to Nokia apps so don't forget to check the Store afterwards!