Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

@Coan

Actually, a lot of people still like back & so do i. The thing is that many want more colors on phones. If the Manufactor & the carrier agree to a color, it will stay like that UNTIL the Media or something big gets into it & see why its not getting those colors. Remember tho, its BOTH companies, not just Rogers doing this & you guys do not understand that. Rogers has to agree with what Nokia says as well. so we do NOT know if Rogers or Nokia is doing this. We call only assume BUT we can not blame just Rogers until we know for sure.
I've Been Around

You would think, that at the very least, they would have offered their iconic red as an available colour... Would certainly have helped with brand recognition for both Nokia and Rogers. By reaching an exclusivity agreement with Nokia, and exclusively offering black, they are taking choices away from the marketplace and once again, the consumer is left with no choice for this seemingly great device... 

I've had a black phone from Rogers for my last 3 contracts and was very much looking forward to this device in Red... almost 8 years of black devices has gotten to me! I think I will wait out the few months left on my contract and get a new device, other than black, from another provider in Atlantic Canada come Christmas time... Perhaps this is a timed exclusive and I may find more luck and more colours from someone else... if not, I guess I will compromise camera quality and screen size for an 820 :-(  Can't really understand why Rogers would go this route!  It would make for a very attractive store display come christmas time to have the rainbow 920 family of devices and accessories available at retail stores and store windows... Alas, I'm not Rogers' purchasing or marketing and am merely an unhappy customer...   I realize my rant will fall on deaf ears, at the same time it was good to vent!  Take care everyone!

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes Rogers needs to have at launch time more choices for the color, look at the forums for AT&T, nobody is saying "I want a black Lumia" ...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@matthieugd

Just because people do not post " I want black Lumia" Does not mean they wont get a black one.. Not everyone will post that you know & remember, not everyone with the carrier that wants to get the lumia will look on the forums ^ such.

I do agree tho, Rogers NEEDS to get the phone with more colors.
I've Been Here Awhile

I've always had a black iPhone (the 3G and now the 4). I was planning on switching to Windows Phone 8 with the Lumia 920, but I cannot stand to have yet another black phone. The whole marketing purpose of Nokia's Lumia is to "stand-out" with various colours, yet they limit sales by offering it to one carrier, and in one bland shade (Black isn't even a colour!). Unless Rogers/Nokia offers more than just black in Canada, I'll move on to something else, which is a real shame because I was excited for Lumia 920. Canadian retailers make it hard for us not to take our business across the border by limiting our options. I guess it's possible to drive across the border and buy the Lumia from AT&T outright in either Cyan, Yellow, White, or Red, and unlock it - but is Nokia worth the trouble?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm prepared to get an HTC 8X with a different carrier if necessary. I know that the 8X isn't quite as a good phone as the 920, but I want colour. I hope the end of the month/November brings good news regarding different colour options.
I Plan to Stick Around

I really wanted a yellow or a grey one too! It's going to be really weird to see Lumia marketing about "bringing colour to smartphones" when Rogers is only giving us black slabs. It's a phone that will stand out among the others! I can already visit a local Rogers store and notice the cyan Lumia 900 above all else. Smiley Frustrated

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I do agree. Blackberry brought Pink, Purple, Blue & red colors to the mix so i am sure Rogers & Nokia can do it as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

I send a tweet too to the @RogersBuzz account:

Matthieu

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea they are just going to pass the info into the back end team. From their, the mods on Twitter, facebook & here can not do much. The back end team & the management are the ones that make the decision on what will happen. Hopefully they bring more colors.