Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Hello heihei

The reason is simple, Rogers & Nokia both seem not to want to release it in other colors. From the start it got leaked that the Yellow version would be released but i have yet to see that happen. It took around 4-6 months for the Cyan Lumia 900 to be released if i am not mistaken. This could be the same as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

@ Meowmix: I disagree. Rogers is the culprit here, not Nokia. Offering the phone *only* in black hurts Nokia, not Rogers. To put it simply, Nokia has no reason to not offer it in different colors. Their whole advertisment campaign hinges on the fact that you can really get the phones in a color of your choice. Rogers, on the other hand, sticks only with black because most of their customers get black phones. Now before I start ranting about how dumb and lacking Rogers' assumption is, it is pretty obvious that the hold up is from Rogers and not Nokia.

As for the "people only want black phones" part - that is so incredibly stupid it's not even funny. Yes, most of your consumers have black phones but that's because you only offer them in black. There IS an obvious demand for colored models (I'm holding out for one) because you fools had to launch a cyan 900 4 months after it released and it sold well - not just that, it has been the colored models that have recorded the best sales down south at AT&T. /rant

Also, apparently the red, yellow and white models are showing up on Navifirm for Rogers so there is a reason to believe that these might come out in the near future. Either way, I won't be upgrading because of this issue. Thanks Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

I Plan to Stick Around

I highly doubt they "Came to their senses" but rather this was the business plan all along.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

It could have been the business plan a long & we all failed to see this. They most likely wanted to release this months after the Black one like they did with the Cyan 900 Lumia last year. The problem is that it took them 3 months later to release the color ones & yet no cyan will be released. The Exclusive Cyan to ATT is not worldwide so that should not be a issue.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for voicing your opinion! Whether this petition post changed their mind or it was a strategic business move doesn't really matter to me. The fact of the matter is, you all expressed how you felt and one way or another they got the message!

I am SO excited to own a red Lumia 920. Thank you all!

Reference link: http://redboard.rogers.com/2013/you-spoke-we-listened-rogers-is-bringing-you-red-white-and-yellow-no...

I've Been Here Awhile

I just got notification my white Lumia 920 has shipped from Rogers with a tracking number.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zuul

That is good to hear!Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Can you state if they have hte 1700 and 2100 WCDMA bands like the black one does?

I Plan to Stick Around

@zuul: Congratulations man!

I'm 13 on the list for the yellow one. If you guys would post your statuses here, I'd appreciate it. I just can't wait to get my hands on this thing...